C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Alignment - Setting the Track

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 11:15 AM
jamesx0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear Alignment - Setting the Track

Ok, I know how to measure camber and toe in the rear, but what is the best way to measure to set the tracking of the wheels.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by jamesx0
Ok, I know how to measure camber and toe in the rear, but what is the best way to measure to set the tracking of the wheels.
Measure Hub to Hub (front to rear, CENTER hub of the rim) on both sides of car, see if they are equal , if not then your tracking is off. Or your frames twisted one of the two LOL
Old 07-09-2004, 11:59 AM
w1ctc
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try This.
http://www.fastcorvette.com/AlignmentSchool.htm
Old 07-09-2004, 06:14 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

To me measuring the toe is one of the hardest parts of an alignment. I made a special toe gage that has rigid but adjustable pointers that reach to the center of the tire. Tape measures stretched under the car will not work.
You can also use sheets of plywood placed along the tire with the help of a friend and use tape measures between them.
The only way to adjust toe is by changing shims in the trailing arm. If everything is rusted solid you have to rebuild the trailing arms first, or at least free up the shims and through bolt.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Alignment - Setting the Track

Quick Reply: Rear Alignment - Setting the Track