C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Florida members please help, i think im getting scr**d (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 11:43 PM
killervette666
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Florida members please help, i think im getting scr**d (kinda long)

As you may or may not have read we ordered a tilt front end to be made by a body shop in florida, and after postponing the shipping date 2 times he finnally told us he would ship it out TODAY, and give us a call with the tracking number and the date if arrival, well i never got a call today, and when i called his home phone i got a message saying that they werent going to be home until sunday due to an illness in the family, now maybe im mistaken and he really did have to leave, but i dont understand why he couldnt have had somebody else that works for him send out the front end, he has many times come up with excuses, and supposedly today was supposed to be the day he finally ships it out, and they just happen to have an emergency. If anybody in florida knows of a body shop around St. Petersburg with a guy named Frank, Josh, and Mike who work there, id appreciate ANY info. Were thinking of stopping the payment since we used a credit card, and monday will be our last chance to do that. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, i will also post this in off topic so dont be surprised to see this there. Hopefully i get this sorted out, i miss crusing with the t-tops down
Old 07-09-2004, 12:06 AM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

I'd shoot first and ask questions later. Cancel your payment and, if you were wrong, you can re-instate. If the Monday deadline passes, you may not have recourse.

Florida is the land of scammers. Gravity drains all the scum here.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

Last edited by 74FLCONV; 07-09-2004 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:27 AM
killervette666
Drifting

I was thinking the same thing, the odd thing is that he actually made the front end, and even sent me pics of it, and it didnt look fake AT ALL, i hope he isnt trying to screw us, because we have a lawyer in the family and he will be up s**t creek if he tries to mess with us. Sorry for my language, but ive been waiting a long time for it to arrive, and this just pi**es me off.................
Old 07-09-2004, 04:16 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

You lawyer family member is powerless to do anything to help, sue you axx off and get nothing, DOcean is right, it's the land of scammers....

I know a fellow who uses 5 aliases in addition to his supposed real name....

GENE
Old 07-09-2004, 07:54 AM
checklst
Racer

Have to agree with everyone CANSEL NOW if you are wrong you can apologize and reinstate. A good honest person or company will understand!!!.

Did you check his Co. out with the FL Attorney General, or the FL BBB?

Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To Florida members please help, i think im getting scr**d (kinda long)

Quick Reply: Florida members please help, i think im getting scr**d (kinda long)