C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carb problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 09:58 AM
danboback
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default carb problems

heres the story, I swapped out the holly 750 for a q-jet and finally got the choke assembly set up and it was running fine for about 2 days. This morning after I got to work, I had to run out on an errand and got gas while I was out. On my way back to the parking lot it stalls, so I bump it into nutreul and try to start it again. It starts right up and dies before it even has a chance to idle. So we pushed it in to my space and tried starting it a couple more times and it wont stay running even with my foot on the gas!

What could it be? Is it flooded? Or do I have a serious problem?
Thanks
Dan
Old 07-08-2004, 10:00 AM
killervette666
Drifting

Check your idle settings and try adjusting the fuel mixture screws, it does sound kind of weird that it just dies all of a sudden, usually it happens over time, also check around your carb for any leaking fuel or anything else that might seem strange. Was it a new Q-jet or a rebuilt one?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:04 AM
danboback
Melting Slicks

I think it was remanufactured, I got it from autozone. I'll try to tinker with it to see if I can get any results.
Dan
Old 07-08-2004, 12:03 PM
danboback
Melting Slicks

my mechanic found water in the gas tank from the fuel door, the drain hole was plugged and the water got into the tank. So I should be on the ride by this afternoon
Dan
Old 07-08-2004, 12:09 PM
killervette666
Drifting

Happy to hear it worked out for you. I cant wait to get my baby back on the road, the weather is just AMAZING over here, mid 70s with a cool breeze
Old 07-08-2004, 01:31 PM
COMMANDER370
Burning Brakes

mid 70's- i wish. gonna be 97 today with heat index of 108-112. even if i had my car running,it's too hot to have the tops off.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:01 PM
danboback
Melting Slicks

I just brought it back from my mechanic and it runs great! That guy is one of the nicest and most fair mechanics I have ever dealt with. He drove over to my office and looked at the car, towed it back to his shop and cleared out my drain line, sifoned my gas tank, filled it with new gas and reset the carb for $38.00. He is a hellava guy So if anyone lives near canton, ohio and needs a good mechanic call Bush's Automotive they do a great job.

And it looks like Im going to be crusing all night forecast shows for mid 70s and clear skies!
Dan

Get notified of new replies

To carb problems

Quick Reply: carb problems