C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

powder coat or better paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 11:01 PM
cryzko
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powder coat or better paint

well, i purchased a small powder coating gun setup but i still need to get all the other stuff to really powder coat...... i was thinking about looking into just getting high end heat paint (or paint for heat and suspension projects) . anyone use a good paint that doesn't look like crap once it's done? i really don't feel like dishing out a few more hundred dollars just for powder coating..

help

cryzko
Old 07-08-2004, 01:25 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: powder coat or better paint (cryzko)

I take my materials to have them powder coated, I have not dropped the money for the entire setup to do it my self. I don't have the room to do it anyway.

Powdercoating is a 1000 times better than paint, especially on items like suspension, frames, engine components, wheels etc that paint won't last on.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:50 PM
thevetterisbetter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have powder coated everything I possibly can and it was done by someone else. Well worth it.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a professional powder coating gun and have powdercoated many parts, all you need is the gun, the powder and an oven. Keep your parts clean, wear gloves, blasted parts coat the best, heating up the parts before coating helps with powder sticking to it and therefore minimizes the chance of it falling off when handling the item (putting it in the oven).

Get notified of new replies

To powder coat or better paint

Quick Reply: powder coat or better paint