C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have suggestions as to types of resin and cloth for substantial body repairs?

Old 07-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Bnine
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have suggestions as to types of resin and cloth for substantial body repairs?

Anyone have suggestions as to types of resin and cloth for substantial body repairs? I am looking for guidance as to what materials to get for correct repairs on C3 fiberglass body in regards to resin and cloth repairs. I am using Evercoat 870 for bonding and Dynatron Dynaglass for minor filling. I have to complete a pretty big repair on the left fender before I am able to install the new inner fender.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:36 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Anyone have suggestions as to types of resin and cloth for substantial body repairs? (Bnine)

Sounds like you are on the right track. I suggest reading the paper Lars wrote on body repair and paint. It is very informative.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:54 PM
loose nut
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have suggestions as to types of resin and cloth for substantial body repairs? (Bnine)

I have used evercoats products , the smc resin is great for smc and regular fiberglass but for my own car I will only use Lord Fusor products. If you need
info try http://www.fusor.com or 1-800-234-fusor. Fusor is very easy to work with and extremely strong. Mike morzel7@cs.com

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have suggestions as to types of resin and cloth for substantial body repairs?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have suggestions as to types of resin and cloth for substantial body repairs?