C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???? Regarding door windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 08:57 AM
helix60
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???? Regarding door windows

This question does not pertain to alignment. I've got a '68 convertable I restored and just re-installed the windows in the doors. I am wondering about the curvature of the glass vs the outer door. With the window all the way up it touches the felt in the front and the back. However there is a gap of about 1/4 to 3/8 in the middle of the door. I am still using the old felts at this time since Ecklers sent me some cheap rubber replacments. Is this normal? Or is this a difference between coupe and convertable glass? Or do I have other problems here?

Regards,
Heli
Old 07-06-2004, 09:07 AM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: ???? Regarding door windows (helix60)

The glass from a coupe will not fit the convertible. If I remember correctly you can adjust the original type felt so that it will fit the curvature of the window. I dont think new 68 felts have ever been reproduced. Thats why you got someting diffirent ffom Ecklers as replacements.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:33 AM
helix60
Advanced

OK I definatly have the convertable glass. Coupe glass fits the doors but will not work with the top up. Doors are the same whether coupe or convertable.

The outer felt is the same as the 69-82, its the inner felt that hasn't been reproduced since the door panles are one year only. The 68's inners are longer than the 69 and up.

Ordered correct outter FELTs for the doors and will see if they work.

Regards,
Heli
Old 07-11-2004, 10:58 AM
R1234
Melting Slicks

My outer door felts are tight to the glass at each end and the middle has a little more clearance. The felt barely touches in the middle.

Get notified of new replies

To ???? Regarding door windows

Quick Reply: ???? Regarding door windows