C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interrior Refurb 95% DONE! Many Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 06:00 PM
80TexasC3
"Rodstoration &am p;quot; In Progres
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interrior Refurb 95% DONE! Many Thanks!

Thanks to so many of you on the forum for all of the advise and help whenever I got caught in a jam... I have the interrior almost complete now. Alarm and new stereo go in later this week.

Here are some Pictures of this NewBee's first attempt.

YEP... That is the drivers armrest that pulled out when I took her on the first ride... will need to get larger screws at Lowes tonight.

Ed

[Modified by 80TexasC3, 5:01 PM 7/5/2004]
Old 07-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Interrior Refurb 95% DONE! Many Thanks! (80TexasC3)

Looks like you have done a good job. I am in the middle of my first attempt at it also. Hope mine turns out as nice as yours.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:54 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Looks very nice. I am almost done with the second interior job on my 69 in 5 years. This time I fixed everything I didn't fix the first time. I don't care what anyone says, making aftermarket interior trim parts fit and look nice is the hardest work there is on cars. The rear end, engine, and trans work were a piece of cake compared to trim work. Looks like you took your time and did a very nice job.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:44 PM
80TexasC3
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Interrior Refurb 95% DONE! Many Thanks! (A C)

Thank you for your kind words... and I agree... the aftermarket parts didn't fit worth a #%&!!. In the end, I replaced the Dash, side console carpet backing, all the carpet and seat foam / covers. Biggest fit issue was the dash.

Dash really created a few challanges such as it not matching up with the spedo/tach perfectly (I pulled up the dash vinal around the area and trimmed back the padding). Sill have issues with the glove box door not closing when the insert is in place. Will work on this one later this week.

Took it out for an extended test drive this evening and have my "punch list" of things to go back to and look st (I'm pleased overall given the entire inside was taken apart then reassembled and all of this was a new experience).
* Head lights do not come up with light switch turned on (have to use manual override below the dash). Am going to look at the hose connection at the switch and do a vacume test on the switch to see if the mechanism is working properly when the **** is pulled out.
* Speedometer is not working (most likely that the cable pulled out of the back when I was working the dash or the cable is not screwed in far enough into the transmission).
* Power Door locks do not work. This one has me for the moment... Am going to follow the advise from another post and check for power at the switch and "jump" it to the others to see if the actuators work. If they do then I can safely assume that the issue is in the switch. Could be a disconnected actuator though... hope not...
* Driver arm rest pulled out of the door. Screws stripped in the door frame. Will stop by Lowes tomorrow after work and just pick up one size larger.

Ed
Old 07-05-2004, 11:54 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an idea for that stripped out hole you have. You can put a quality rivit in the hole and slightly drill it out for the needed size of the correct screw for your use. Just my 2 cents

But I will say that is one BEAUTIFUL job.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:58 PM
olouieo
Drifting

Default Re: Interrior Refurb 95% DONE! Many Thanks! (SHAKERATTLEROLL)

Awesome Job.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:04 AM
80TexasC3
Support Corvetteforum!

Good idea... Need to find one large enough... and thanks for the kind words.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:28 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

You should be able to find them at your local Northerns or Lows or maybe Home Depot but if not you can try any local aircraft supply place or even a small airport where people work on aircraft and pick up a couple. But please be aware that for aircraft they come in stainless as well so you should ask what material they are made of and if your rivit gun could be used for that paticular rivit.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:30 AM
80TexasC3
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks... I work for Beechcraft/Hawker and will ask some of out tech guys tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:32 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Awwwwwwwwww Dude you are not right and here I was throwing these ideas out there and you are hooked up. Yep ask them and they will set you up.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:35 AM
80TexasC3
Support Corvetteforum!

No sir... definitely not a set up... in fact, you know the old saying that they promote you in leadership once you don't have a clue about the business. I can relate to this.

What is really is the new Composite aircraft we are now producing. Have one that will do Mach .87 and is single pilot certified.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:41 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Well stick around there my feathered friend. Composit's are the way of the future and it only took 15 years to start getting past the general aviation maket and military since the mid 50's lol. They can be built lighter and stronger and much sleeker to enable aircraft to easily fly faster with less fuel consumption. And nope I am not going to go on a on this off topic thing just ideas. But go ahead and snoop around assembly areas and you might be astounded at all of the items that you can use for your car hobby. And since you are going to have composite aircraft you will find carbon fiber material as well as composite material lets say there is a certain amount of fiberglass and carbon fiber mixed in the same material that saves cost but also increases strength.

Get notified of new replies

To Interrior Refurb 95% DONE! Many Thanks!

Quick Reply: Interrior Refurb 95% DONE! Many Thanks!