C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got pulled over......

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 01:35 PM
killerbulldoggy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got pulled over......

I was taking my girlfriend home, actually i ended up spendnign the night, but thats a whole different story ....
anywyays, he just gave me a warning cause my tail lights werent on, or so he says. It was probably cause i'm 17, but anyways. My spedometer lights dont come on either. Could this all just be a shared fuse? or what?> thanks for the help
Old 07-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default Re: got pulled over...... (killerbulldoggy)

Speedometer lights are on a seperate fuse than taillights.

Do your parking lights come on at all? You should put the headlight switch on and take a walk around the car and check it out.

Speedometer lights are (I believe) a 5A fuse. Check that under the fuse box. Having a haynes / chiltons manual will help here to figure out which hope it is. I hope you're small, thin, and have monkey-arms, because changing fuses in our cars is a pain!

-Steve
Old 07-05-2004, 01:52 PM
killerbulldoggy
Instructor

Default Re: got pulled over...... (Pacin'California)

I am small thin with monkey arms, but its still a pain in the **** to change them. GOd, what idiot who desiged the fuse box , why would they put it in the hardest to reach place !!!111 anwyays, thanks, ill check the fuses out
Old 07-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

Because it's GM. They came up with that idea a long time before most of the C3s were made. They stuck with it. Why? Probably cheaper just to leave it like that. It doesn't suprise me that GM would do that. I noticed that for some reason I have a light behind my rear bumper that looks like the light to illuminate the license plate. It doesn't work, it serves no purpose. It was probably just cheaper to keep it in the harness than to change it.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:25 PM
killerbulldoggy
Instructor

fixed it
Old 07-05-2004, 06:07 PM
RHD '68 L89
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re: got pulled over...... (Schmucker)

Because it's GM. I noticed that for some reason I have a light behind my rear bumper that looks like the light to illuminate the license plate. It doesn't work, it serves no purpose. It was probably just cheaper to keep it in the harness than to change it.
If GM didn't want it they would have removed it. It would have saved them a few cents per car over a long production run.
I take it there is already a license plate light that functions.
I believe it is probably a courtesy light for when you remove the spare wheel and if it doesn't function you wont get full NCRS points.

Get notified of new replies

To got pulled over......

Quick Reply: got pulled over......