C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did some Mustang killing today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Jasonty
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did some Mustang killing today...

I have a buddy that has a 72 Mustang with a pretty well built 429 that I raced today. Well, he got me by about a car length and a half, which wasn't bad, since I still have the stock 2.87's in the rear, and he's running 3.53's. Then his buddy with a 94 Cobra wanted to try his luck. He didn't do so well, I think I got him by about a car length. He says the 302 is built, and you can hear it lope at idle. So that was my little story I had to tell yall. During the race, my car stuttered a bit under acceleration, so I'm going to replace the 5 year old Accel wires, and the 5 year old fuel filter. That should give me what I need to catch the 72 Mustang... Maybe give her a bit more total timing too... I just set it at 33 degrees today.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:32 AM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Did some Mustang killing today... (Jasonty)

Jason...you got any pics of the =^..^= (catless), I like that term, exhaust. Thinking as soon as mine hits 25 year mark, putting duals on..just getting some ideas. Thanks in advance for any info! Joe!
Old 07-04-2004, 09:24 AM
jcswm
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Did some Mustang killing today... (Jasonty)

The Mustangs in my town HATE me!!!!
My car has looked pretty bad at times, all the chrome is off, the paint has been peeled off with razor blades. The body repairs and epoxy primer was done in stages. but I still drive her almost every day
One by one most of the Mustangs in town have fallen victom to my 'Vette
Now there's a new law in town ..... If your cought street racing, you loose your car!!!!!
I think it's time to head to the local track & make some $$$
Old 07-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Jasonty
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Did some Mustang killing today... (jcswm)

Sure, I'll snap some pics of the exhaust for ya... It's a tight fit running true duals under there, but it works. I have to get under the car today anyways, so I'll shoot some photos while I'm under there...

Get notified of new replies

To Did some Mustang killing today...

Quick Reply: Did some Mustang killing today...