C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Follow up on my formula and dist gear.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Follow up on my formula and dist gear.

I posted a while ago about my formula eating a dist gear. Summary: car just stops running one night, I later found out the bronze dist gear was chewed threw. I have a retro fitted Gen 2 LT intake on it which I believed to have been modified wrong to acomadate a dist so I try a diff gear (melonized) starting chewing it.

..I decide to put a TPI intake I have on to see if makes a diff. Put a new gear on the dist and now it shows little more than discoloration from meshing with the cam gear.

BTW

I put the TPI on just as a test for the dist gear so kinda rushed and have a few vacuum leaks. I am impressed by the increase in low end torq, you can really feel it off the line. I would recomend a TPI system to anyone who is running a 350 and does not rev over 5000, with a little work the tpi can easly handle 350 hp but more torq than you can get with a carb syste given the same set up. Add tpi and o/d to a vette and you should have a very fun driver.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Follow up on my formula and dist gear.