C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vaccum leak?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Scorn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaccum leak?

My right light blows up all the time when I drive, just by the wind. The left one acts perfect.

Also, my air conditioner WILL NOT WORK most of the time, unless I let my lights up.

Does this sound like a vaccum leak or what? And can most mechanic shops fix this?
Old 07-03-2004, 09:41 PM
REDRED62
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Vaccum leak? (Scorn)

How do the headlamps work when you pull the headlamp switch. Do they come up? The right hand headlamp sounds as if the diaphram is blow in the actuator.

My right light blows up all the time when I drive, just by the wind. The left one acts perfect.

You say it won't work. Do you mean that the blower comes on but no air comes our of the ducts?

Also, my air conditioner WILL NOT WORK most of the time, unless I let my lights up.

Does this sound like a vaccum leak or what? And can most mechanic shops fix this?

Tell me the year car. and a little more information and I'll see if I can help you.

red

Old 07-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Scorn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vaccum leak? (REDRED62)

The headlamps work work when I pull the swith. The right one first, then the left after a few seconds.

As fopr the air, I can hear the blower start, but I get no air out of the vents until my lights are up.

It's an '81.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:25 AM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

Default Re: Vaccum leak? (Scorn)

it does sound like you have a vac leak. my leak was at the vac can up front between the head lights .on my 82 i think that the vac line for the inside of the car is just a small plastic line connected close to the brake booster[not connected to the booster vac line ]block off the line to the headlights ,if the air vents work fine then ,your problem is the can ,the relay or the actuators . try pulling off the right headlight vac line pluging it off and see what happens .

[Modified by terry82, 1:30 AM 7/4/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Vaccum leak?

Quick Reply: Vaccum leak?