C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What else could possibly go wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 12:58 AM
MstrEddy13
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What else could possibly go wrong?

Ok, I'm a newbee to the forum, replied to a couple of posts, read a bunch, been finding info on some of the pressing issues for my ride.
And I figured I'd get some pictures of the "dark lady" to post up here today. So, I decide, let me rinse the car off for the pics. And as I'm rinsing away, I hear a crack and the driver's side window glass shattered. Entirely!
The only saving grace was the tints held all the thousands of pieces together.
I guess the heat of the day and then the cool water got to it??? WTF??? Don't know, but forget driving it around, particularly with the daily storms we've been having lately down here.
Now, I've got to see if some local auto glass place can replace it. Anybody from SoFla have any recommendations?
Well here's a pic anyway!
Old 07-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What else could possibly go wrong? (MstrEddy13)

That really sucks. You might try http://www.contemporarycorvette.com/

They're a Corvette salvage yard and I've had very good luck with them. May be a cheaper alternative to a new window.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:17 AM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: What else could possibly go wrong? (MstrEddy13)

Well, I'm sorry to say that I don't have any information for you, but I do have a tip. NEVER ask the question, "What else could possibly go wrong?", because you will soon find out.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:31 AM
MstrEddy13
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What else could possibly go wrong? (Steve Straus)

Thanks for the tip. I'll call them up on Tuesday, or maybe try tomorrow, but with the 4th, they might or should be closed. They list the glass at ~$45, so that's a great deal.
Again, thanks.

Capt Morgan, yeah, I know, it's like saying "it could be worse -- it could be raining" -- followed by crash of thunder and the torrential deluge.
It's just been one of those periods. Last week drove her to work. On the way home, I took the tops off, laid them in the back and proceeded to drive the madness of Miami traffic with some style.
Well, I guess that I placed the tops not carefully enough and one shifted and crack! Now, it was already starting to crack on the inside layer, but I was waiting for a while before I went and spent serious $$ on the ttops. I was even thinking of the Astro Top Acrylic unit one-piece. But, I wasn't ready to spend the money yet! Oh well, another thing getting bumped up on the list.

Get notified of new replies

To What else could possibly go wrong?

Quick Reply: What else could possibly go wrong?