C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flywheel bolts, correct size???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheel bolts, correct size???

I'm about to bolt the flywheel to my new 383, and I realized I don't know what the correct size for the crank to flywheel bolts is. I seem to have misplaced my originals from my L-48 so I have nothing to reference. Anyone know the answer Also, when I buy the new bolts what should I use for a strength level? Grade 8? Hardended bolts? I'll also be sure to use thread locker when installing also. Any help would be great
Old 07-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Flywheel bolts, correct size??? (Ryan77)

I'm about to bolt the flywheel to my new 383, and I realized I don't know what the correct size for the crank to flywheel bolts is. I seem to have misplaced my originals from my L-48 so I have nothing to reference. Anyone know the answer Also, when I buy the new bolts what should I use for a strength level? Grade 8? Hardended bolts? I'll also be sure to use thread locker when installing also. Any help would be great
Just order the ARP flywheel bolts from ARP: Yes, threadlocker and 65ftlb I think.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:32 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Re: Flywheel bolts, correct size??? (Ryan77)

I AM NOT SURE OF THIS: I believe 1955-81 used 7/16", 20 tpi, 1" length bolts, with lock washers. PN 839756.

These bolts would be grade 8.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: Flywheel bolts, correct size??? (mapman)

Use the ARP or mid 80's Chevy flywheel bolts, you can get them cheaper from Pioneer at a local automotive machine shop (the Chevy bolts are quite good but, ARPs are the best.)

Get notified of new replies

To Flywheel bolts, correct size???

Quick Reply: Flywheel bolts, correct size???