C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED AUTO TRANS HELP! the un-corvette.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 12:34 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default NEED AUTO TRANS HELP! the un-corvette.

hey guys. i have an automatic in the right vehicle, a '94 chevy 3500. got a problem though. just a couple weeks ago it started shifting strange. can't really describe it any better than that, other than to say that when it downshifts into passing gear it will rev the engine to 4k (redline in a diesel) and will hang there untill i ease out of the gas for an upshift. if i'm just driving easy, everything seems to be fine. if i have to accelerate, either passing or starting fast, it doesn't want to upshift.
i don't even know where to start with this thing. i hate slushboxes anyway. if it helps, it's a 4L80E.
i went ahead and changed the ATF and filter because it hadn't been done in an (embarrassingly) long time :bb but that has not improved matters.
the other thing is because this uses a fly-by-wire throttle (see, interesting trivia, the c5 was NOT the first g.m. vehicle to use FBW), there is no kick down cable or TV cable. at least not to my knowledge.
any suggestions?
Old 07-01-2004, 01:18 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: NEED AUTO TRANS HELP! the un-corvette. (clutchdust)

the 480LE is 100% computer controlled. You need a scan tool or appropriate transmission version to read what it's doing.

May be time to call AAMCO.

Quick Reply: NEED AUTO TRANS HELP! the un-corvette.