C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passed Emissions!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 10:36 PM
applevette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Passed Emissions!!

Turned out to only be a bad oxygen sensor, car runing clean enough now. I did find out something interesting at the test though. Apparently Georgia only requires a sniffer test and a visual that I still have a cat of my 81. That got me thinking... I've been wanting to ditch my smog equipment, and swap the computer for a regular carb and vacuum advance distributor. In the future I plan on installing vortec heads, a weiand intake, and comp cams XE 262.

As luck would have it, the Napa I bought my oxygen sensor from had a newly returned rochester qjet (remanufactured) on sale for $200.

What do ya think? Should I jump on the carb?

If I went to a vacuum advance distributor can I keep my old cap and coil... I don't know that much about distributors.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:19 AM
pik
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Passed Emissions!! (applevette)

I have heard bad things about rebuilt Q jets. The best bet would be to pick up a Q jet at a swap meet/ebay and ask Lars rebuild it for you. I went with the xe268 cam and am very happy with it.

Quick Reply: Passed Emissions!!