C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off topic: Truck vibration at specific rev level???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Calm Screamer2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off topic: Truck vibration at specific rev level???

Why does my truck break into a violent resonate vibration at a specific rev level? It's a '93 chevy 1500 series automatic. If I accelerate through the rev level, it's fine...but if I linger at this rev level it feels as if the engine/drive train is gonna shake apart. I just replaced the engine with a Jasper…4.3 liter.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Cor6996vette
Racer

Default Re: Off topic: Truck vibration at specific rev level??? (Calm Screamer2)

Did you reused the old engine and transmission mounts? sound like you had a broken engine mount. It happend with my truck when the water pump 's bearing bad too.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:59 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Off topic: Truck vibration at specific rev level??? (Cor6996vette)

does it do this in every gear and in nuetral, or just while in gear? Is it speed related or RPM? Try the same speed in a different gear to change the RPM at that speed.

If it's speed you could have a driveshaft out of phase, out of balance or a bad u-joint, wheels out of round / balance or a bad shock absorber causing the wheel to "dribble". If it's RPM, look at the mounts, and possibly the harmonic balancer.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:04 AM
TLChydraulics
Instructor

Default Re: Off topic: Truck vibration at specific rev level??? (Calm Screamer2)

My truck (83 1 ton chevy deisel) a couple months ago did SAME as you describe.... 2 days later driveshaft fell out (bad u-joint). Easy item to check... I'd start there.

Good luck,

Loren
Old 07-01-2004, 08:37 AM
502RamjetVette
Intermediate

Is the flexplate correct for your engine? Check that and the balancer.

Get notified of new replies

To Off topic: Truck vibration at specific rev level???

Quick Reply: Off topic: Truck vibration at specific rev level???