C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette story

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 06:27 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette story

Pit Stop at a Home in Medford:
Car catapults to 2nd floor of residence
LONG ISLAND, NY -- For Kathy and Robert Ilardi of Medford, Monday night was winding down uneventfully. A little laundry. The first half of "The Tonight Show" -- George Clooney talking with Jay about "ER." She clicked the lights out by midnight.

That's about when the Corvette catapulted over an embankment and tore a hole through their upstairs bedroom wall.

"I remember a thud and little bit of a shake," Kathy Ilardi said. "I went to look out my window, and couldn't see anything."

Cold air pumped through the hole a few feet from the foot of their bed. She peered through and saw the red car smoking and groaning 15 feet below. Its owner, Louis Tirella, 56, was leaning against the house, smoking a cigarette and waiting for police to arrive.

Tirella was arrested later and charged with driving while intoxicated.

The incident happened about 11:55 p.m. when Tirella, was driving his 1987 Chevrolet and lost control just south of the Ilardis' house.

The car plowed over a mailbox on the other side of the street, then careered across four lanes of traffic and was launched over a snowy, dirt embankment in the Ilardis' front yard. It tore a hole in the wall, then bounced off and landed in the front yard.

Police don't know how fast Tirella was traveling. "But for that car to go airborne," police spokesman Sonny Di Stefano said, "then the speed was definitely a factor.

Old 06-30-2004, 07:28 AM
1970 Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Corvette story (Love My 72 and 77)

Idiots and Corvettes usually don't mix

SEMPER FI--1970 Dave

Quick Reply: Corvette story