C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:08 PM
vette75406
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one

Who's got one and how do you like it, I really like the idea of the safety loops on the half shafts i know someone who broke a joint and it really made a mess , also how does it affect the rear susp. squat and what is your 60ft. thanks
Old 06-28-2004, 09:17 PM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one (vette75406)

I think i am going to buy his complete setup in a month or so. The testing stages of their 6 link setup should now be complete. Hopefully it will be available within a few weeks. The 6 link uses his safety loops as a fastening point. He explained his suspension kit to me, sounded like smartstruts except with heim joints. Im impressed with this statement
"Each "PRODUCT" was developed at the raceway to solve problems that I encountered with my STOCK IRS 10.81 quarter mile Corvette. You can bet the 1.45 sixty foot run that is shown below has given my rear suspension kit the ultimate real world test, time after time! Let this kit solve your problems." I hope his products work like advertised.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:29 PM
vette75406
Instructor

Default Re: Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one (lostpatrolman)

did he say what spring he was using ?
Old 06-28-2004, 09:57 PM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

no, here are some of the things he said about the product.

What I do offer is a system similar to smart struts the difference being that a hiem joint is being used instead of a flexible bushing of some type of rubber or poly material. My system has been tested at the track for several years and I know it to accomplish its goals. It is to reduce stress in the geometry of the stock irs to prevent breakage of parts, it is to improve traction on standing starts thus lowering 60ft times and making 60 ft times more consistant, it is to to keep the tire vertical to the pavement and improve the tire contact area with the track or street. This also promotes even tire wear. It is also to drive on the street and still have great handling chacrteristics and ride.

I will be offering a center link that will work with my current suspension package. please check back later and check out the information package attachment.
Yes it will make it a six link. This means if the drive shaft goes away the upper link or 6 link will support the car and the Corvette will not spider. I am currently done with the basic design process. I need to gather some technical information and specifications I plan to have a working product no later than the end of April. I expect it to be sooner.
pricing is expected to be between 300.00 to 400.00 for the center link, it will use the dragvette safety loops as a securing point on the trailing arm. Those using a upper link will have to drill the optional holes for the mounting of the safety loop the other end will secure to the differntial and it will be a bolt on application there will be no welding and it will be stout. Installation time should be 2 hrs including drilling the holes.

You would have to use the safety half shaft loops as they will be an anchoring point. The suspension package while not required would be strongly recomended depending on what you may have already purchased. I certainly do not want you to throw out parts that can benefit you as I to am a dragracer and always seek the best result with the lowest outlay. Yes I will certainly offer a package deal with safety loops, suspension kit, and center link. I can't say that I know what that would be at this time as I have not reached a price on the center link. I believe the best way to stop my competition is to offer low pricing to begin with.

The proto type is in the making as I type. Completion about 2 weeks if all goes well. Price about 300.00 not including the safety loops that would work in conjuction with the center link. They are 119.00 a pair.

Those are the messages i have recieved from dragvette. I am very interested in his product.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:55 PM
vette75406
Instructor

I'm quite a ways off yet on a purchase, other things to complete first, but am also interested , send some results when you get yours installed , Vette
Old 06-28-2004, 11:17 PM
vincevette78
Instructor

I just put the hoops on my vette about a month ago. I've had them for about year now. There built to last and easy to put on. My 7year old son put one on after watching me. I did go back tighten everything. I'll be looking at the rest of the suspension for my next purchase.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:29 PM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have installed the Dragvette Kit and it works as advertised re. 60-foot times. There is a little tweaking to be done in order to get the rear alighment correct, but it's easy. It's a well-made kit and an excellent value. I can't brag on it enough. Besides, Steve Yates is a really nice guy.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:35 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one (The Dude)

Does anyone have a link to go to see what this looks like and where to purchase this set-up?
Old 06-29-2004, 02:18 PM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one (LOTAHP)

the address is http://www.dragvette.com . The 6 link is not listed on the site yet. Im not sure of when exactly it will be ready for sale. His other products look very nice though.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:35 PM
JoeC427
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have it installed on my 75. It arrived exactly the way it is shown on the site.
It does reflect decent value. Does it work? My car tries to yank the left front tire on street tires.
I would also advise Hal Qa1's to go with it.

Good luck,
Joe
Old 06-29-2004, 10:22 PM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one (JoeC427)

joe, when you mention QA1s, do you mean their coil overs or shocks?? Are they a direct bolt on or do they require some moddifying?
Old 06-29-2004, 10:29 PM
71coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one

Thanks for the info & link

Old 06-29-2004, 10:43 PM
JoeC427
Drifting

Check this out
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=188232

[Modified by JoeC427, 10:44 PM 6/29/2004]
Old 06-29-2004, 10:52 PM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one (JoeC427)

Thank you joe, do you have a link for the QA1s?? Or a place to buy them?
Old 06-29-2004, 11:04 PM
JoeC427
Drifting

Summit sells them. I have the same part numbers Monty used on his tt.
http://www.summitracing.com/

take care

Joe

[Modified by JoeC427, 11:05 PM 6/29/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one

Quick Reply: Drag Vette Suspension Who's Got one