C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette wreck update

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 01:21 PM
corvtt1969
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette wreck update

for those of you who remember, cause it was so long ago!!, my 69's RR wheel came off while i was driving cause all the wheel studs snapped or what not. well after much wasted time and one upset kid, i still havent gotten my car back as the only progress made on the car has been the wheel studs replaced and the wheel put back on. The insurance company has fired/or lost two representatives that where on my claim the first one leaving did not tell me and a week later after leaving several voice mails, i got a message sayign the voice mail was deactivated so i called the insurance company's main number and got ahold of a customer service rep. she sounded nice and seemed like she was gonna get things going but i believed her when she said "let me call the mechanic and ill call you right back." i got the call a day later and nothing happened. the next day i finally got a new representative. that was about 2 weeks ago. after debate between the mechanic and insruance company bout what needs to be done the car it loks like the mechanic won out but they have yet to agree to let them work on the car. the car has been sitting at a garage for 3 weeks getting nothing done and the first two weeks spent geting the wheel studs put on (not because they are slow but the insurance). so three weeks its been sitting and nothing and i call them up today after stopping by the mechanic to see nothing has been done, and my representative is NO LONGER WORKING THERE. so now im on to my third representative which i COULD NOT GET AHOLD OF so i had to leave a message for her to get things moving cause i was getting p/oed. just to make things worse, the guy that will be repairing the body is going on vacation for two weeks and wont be back till the 19th........ its not his fault or problem and i dont blame him for anything, but i should have had this car finished weeks ago and now i have to wait an additoinal two weeks(ASSUMING MY CAR IS DONE BEFORE HE GETS BACK) to get things finished. as for the cars current status it is waiting to get the control arm replaced and possibly the trailing arm. i dunno if i should post my insurance company's name ill leave it up to you guys. next on my agenda is to fight paying the 500$ deductable cause theres no way i should have to pay with the shatty service they've given me.

heres the original thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=819260
Old 06-28-2004, 01:35 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Corvette wreck update (corvtt1969)

Whatever you do don't give up.
I just went through a fight with my insurance over my daughters car. I took the buyout and fixed the damage myself but didn't prove the repairs were done. I then sent pictures on the progress of the repairs with the car on stands and one tire off. the insurance rep questioned if the car was road worthy all the time they refused to cover the car for fire and theft. This went on for about 8 months then out of the blue I recieved a statement from them for the coverage, they gave up.

Steve

[Modified by stpman, 1:36 PM 6/28/2004]
Old 06-28-2004, 02:23 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Corvette wreck update (stpman)

That sounds terrible. I would suggest for right now, for your own good, do not post the name of the insurance company - even though we are all anxious to know the name so we can avoid them like the plague!! Good luck! Keep plugging!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

curious as to who the ins co is. Send me an IM.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:13 PM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to know what insurance company pays off on mechanical failure? I understand collision, fire, theft and/or "acts of God", but wheel studs snapping? Who is the company? I'm gonna get a policy then rev my engine until it blows!

Seriously, though. Exactly what is covered on a standard collector policy?!? I know of a C3 owner who's '80 was stolen and, upon recovery, the motor was knocking. The company paid and he received a rebuild. However, I don't think he would have a claim if the motor started knocking before it was ripped, or would he?

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette wreck update

Quick Reply: Corvette wreck update