Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 .

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 12:49 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 .

I don't know if Mike follows this board but his Black C4 is one bad-azz 8-second ride . I met him down at Atco a few years ago and I've been telling him to come to the Challenges and he finally made it and came and dominated . I think he will have more competition next time when the VetteDrs race car has nitrous on it .
Old 06-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (STEALTH 99 C5)

Man that SAND BAGGER had one sick car. I thought it was going to be a tight feild when I herd that he quilified with a 9.40. Then I found out that it was at 120mph he let off at the 1/8 not to show his cards. How ironic that a black C4 shows up and dominates on a day set to honor Keith Brownlee. A guy that dominated the quick 4 with his wheel standing C4. It was a great event. Congrats to all the Racers

Time to step it up

[Modified by Major Spray, 1:07 PM 6/28/2004]
Old 06-28-2004, 01:22 PM
0Carmen@TheVetteDoctors
Former Vendor

Location: Amityville 2010 & 2011 NMCA Late Model EFI Champions BEST Service & the BEST prices on the EastCoast

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (STEALTH 99 C5)

Yes
Mike came to run he has one fast C4. We hope to rematch in september.
to mike & his crew. We are going to be building a new car hope to have it done for september to give John a run for his money. WE LIKE TO SEE MORE GUYS STEP UP.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:03 PM
spltwindo
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (TheVetteDoctors)

Carmen it sounds like you guys had a great time . I cant wait till the Sept. race i will be there with everything i can put into my car and hope it sticks to the ground. are you going to have a weight limit or can we just start throwing things away . Well congrats to the winner and everyone who ran. great job Carmen
Old 06-28-2004, 07:39 PM
kh24
Drifting

Anyone have a video of his 8.8 at 159. That was a pretty sick run
Old 06-28-2004, 07:54 PM
0Carmen@TheVetteDoctors
Former Vendor

Location: Amityville 2010 & 2011 NMCA Late Model EFI Champions BEST Service & the BEST prices on the EastCoast

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (spltwindo)

Keith
That feller Mike came loaded for bear. He clean our clock.
We just took our best & it was not good enough. We usually don't have much competition. We wind up racing our self's. I am glad to see some big dogs come out to play. Can't wait to run you & Rick in September. I think Mike will bring his Bad as-s C4 & will have a blast.
We pulling the motor on Johns car making some changes and adding the juice. See u in September

Boy that line make me want to sing.

[Modified by TheVetteDoctors, 7:56 PM 6/28/2004]
Old 06-28-2004, 08:15 PM
lowets
Racer

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (TheVetteDoctors)

After 2 days, finally figured out how to log on.
Thanks to everyone...had a great day...see you in September!
Old 06-28-2004, 08:19 PM
lowets
Racer

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (lowets)

Does anyone else run trans-brakes? Can we take a poll on using them at the next pro 8?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (kh24)

Anyone have a video of his 8.8 at 159. That was a pretty sick run
I do, but it's not that great.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/events...uick8final.wmv
Old 06-28-2004, 08:52 PM
spltwindo
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thats great Carmen, but ill be there loaded for ELEPHANT .if i send you a videio maybe you could post it for me ,i can never gey it to work. Its a videio of a run 3 weeks ago. 8.61 et. at 157 mph. and change. thats still with the small motor and a 200 shot. 1.24 =60 foot.. we will be takeing some weight out and putting the new motor in next week. cant wait. Say hi to everyone and i think ill bring my Z06 for you to dyno and program when we come up . Take care
Old 06-28-2004, 08:58 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (spltwindo)

Keith, we need to look at Sept E-town schedule.

I concerned about a date.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (lowets)

Does anyone else run trans-brakes? Can we take a poll on using them at the next pro 8?
Mike

The guy's that run C5's are unable to run a transbrake or a two step. No one makes one for our setups so that would be a big advantage to the guy's that don't need it. You did just fine with out it
Old 06-29-2004, 01:18 PM
bobby-rollbar
Racer

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (Major Spray)

Mike

The guy's that run C5's are unable to run a transbrake or a two step. No one makes one for our setups so that would be a big advantage to the guy's that don't need it. You did just fine with out it
paul, how come their not allowed to run a transbrake if you allow stick cars to run in this competition? letting go of the transbrake button is the same as dumping a clutch... are there seperate classes for sticks and autos? or do you all run each other?
Old 06-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (bobby-rollbar)

First off I don't make the rule's but in my opinion every setup has advantages and disadvantages. Yes a stick car may have a advantage out of the hole but an auto will be much more cosistant its a fair trade off. Again this is my opinion I think we will be see more rules and classes as the event grows.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:01 PM
bobby-rollbar
Racer

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (Major Spray)

First off I don't make the rule's but in my opinion every setup has advantages and disadvantages. Yes a stick car may have a advantage out of the hole but an auto will be much more cosistant its a fair trade off. Again this is my opinion I think we will be see more rules and classes as the event grows.
i didnt say you wrote the rules i was asking you if stick cars are allowed to run same class[seeing as how you answered the question on trans brakes]and if they were what would be the difference if someone ran a clutch or a trans brake, also they make 2 steps for ls1 camaro,s would that be different for a corvette as it plugs into coil packs, its made by someone name Harllen maybe it will work on a vette, just in case someone wanted to try a 2step or they have heard of him. i just got one for my formula,
Old 06-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Gus
Racer

Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (bobby-rollbar)

Harlan's two step will not work for Corvettes. The Camaros have a button behind the brake pedal which the two step splices on. But when there's a will, there's a way.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:50 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Bobby, the rules were put in place to help control the growth and the cost of the technology in this class.

I've got racers in the 10.+ ET range bitchen to me that I've allowed to much technology now and that the car are going way to fast for the orginal intent of the class.

This class was started to allow our tuner/sponsors an outlet to show their level of performance and thats what I have tried to allow them to do.

Get notified of new replies

To Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 .

Old 06-29-2004, 08:35 PM
bobby-rollbar
Racer

Default Re: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 . (Gus)

Harlan's two step will not work for Corvettes. The Camaros have a button behind the brake pedal which the two step splices on. But when there's a will, there's a way.
yea i had to rewire it for my formula,because it a 98 and i had to change my trans brake to have switched ground so it could work the 2 step as it worked off ground instead of power, like u say where theres a will theres a way bob
Old 06-29-2004, 10:19 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Congratulations Mike and welcome to the forum
Old 06-30-2004, 08:37 PM
JerryMcCoy
Intermediate

Congrats on that awesome display of C-4 firepower!!! I will be bringing my 71 up to have fun asap...I will be going to the Carolina race for sure..But want to race a heads-up event..I have gotten to 9.40's on motor and am putting a two stage on soon. I run through the muffs but not sure they will pass englishtown or not?? Just running a little 427 small block but havn't tried to run on pump gas yet..Compression is 12.5 to 1 ,,I hate to pull it down just to change compression..but if I do I could just up the juice a bit ..Ha Ha,,Big Scary fun...Jerry McCoy http://www.tobefast.com

Quick Reply: Congrats to Mike Mitchell and his 8-Second C4 on winning the PRO-8 .