C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GROUND for instrument light bulbs? Please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Cor6996vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GROUND for instrument light bulbs? Please.

I replaced all instrument's light bulbs a total of 21 of them and checked the flex circuit seem to be in good shape. I reinstalled the only and main's middle connector that going to the flex circuit and replaced all fuses. Is there a ground connection some where that I missed? Do I have to reinstall all the gauges ( batt.,temp,oil pressure ...) before those light bulds going to work or what else should I do?. I like to test everything before reinstall everything back.
Thankyou very much in advance
I am fixing an 81's car.

[Modified by Cor6996vette, 7:33 PM 6/25/2004]
Old 06-25-2004, 11:27 PM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: GROUND for instrument light bulbs? Please. (Cor6996vette)

The bulbs ground to the metal housing of the instrument cluster. You can check each bulb individually by turning on the lights and hooking up a wire to the frame or something similar as a ground. THen just touch it to the metal prongs of the bulb container. The bulb should light up.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:24 AM
Cor6996vette
Racer

Default Re: GROUND for instrument light bulbs? Please. (lostpatrolman)

Thanks for the replied. I feel so stupid, should check before posting quesion. There was no power from the connector because when I painted the steering colume, the paint cover the pins of the connector and also there is an open trace on the flex board that made half of the bulds don't work. Should use the meter instead of visual inspection.

Get notified of new replies

To GROUND for instrument light bulbs? Please.

Quick Reply: GROUND for instrument light bulbs? Please.