Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sub question in a C4

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 02:38 PM
MattS4313
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub question in a C4

Ok- i know this had been asked a million times, but i cant finr information anywhere! how do i get a sub in my c4 coupe? do i just put one in a box and let it take up trunk space, or do i conceal it in the cubby hole? does someone make a box for that cubby hole? any advice would be great.
thanks,
matt smith
Old 06-07-2004, 02:48 PM
jay17
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Sub question in a C4 (MattS4313)

I took up the trunk space, here's a pic

[Modified by jay17, 1:49 PM 6/7/2004]
Old 06-07-2004, 08:09 PM
ron92Z07
Racer

Default Re: Sub question in a C4 (MattS4313)

No one that I know of makes a box for the storage compartment of a C4. I had a custom fiberglass enclosure built for mine and have retained all the space in the rear of the car. I actually started the fiberglass project myself, but then turned it over to a shop because of the good price they quoted me. They quoted me 250.00 to do it. I would do it myself next time since they screwed it up the first time. I went back and they did it right; however, it took alot of time with some 3M GPAC and a clay bar to remove the fiberglass resin that they got on my car. There are tutorials out there that teach the fiberglassing process. It really isnt that hard, it is just time consuming and requires patience. I love the way it is now. I have a Elemental Design E10k 10" sub in that space and it is completely stealth. Do a search here for "stealth C4 sub" or something like that and you will come up with some posts about how people did the install with pics.
Good luck!

Ron
Old 06-07-2004, 09:34 PM
JB666
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Sub question in a C4 (ron92Z07)

No one that I know of makes a box for the storage compartment of a C4. I had a custom fiberglass enclosure built for mine and have retained all the space in the rear of the car. I actually started the fiberglass project myself, but then turned it over to a shop because of the good price they quoted me. They quoted me 250.00 to do it. I would do it myself next time since they screwed it up the first time. I went back and they did it right; however, it took alot of time with some 3M GPAC and a clay bar to remove the fiberglass resin that they got on my car. There are tutorials out there that teach the fiberglassing process. It really isnt that hard, it is just time consuming and requires patience. I love the way it is now. I have a Elemental Design E10k 10" sub in that space and it is completely stealth. Do a search here for "stealth C4 sub" or something like that and you will come up with some posts about how people did the install with pics.
Good luck!

Ron
Mine too - I had a customer glass enclosure built in my storage compartment behind the passenger's seat. It's cool, because with the harness bar installed, it's at the right angle to hold the lid up, but it can still close, and you'd never know any work was done

The 10" pounds in there too with no rattles open OR closed.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:48 PM
OrthoAggie
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Sub question in a C4 (JB666)

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/c4aggie

look what i did there

i built a custom box out of MDF that is the shape of a tilted trapazoid. I then have the amp mounted on the floor and have a MDF floor covering it with the factory carpet. I lost about 2" of height but i still have plenty of room in the back and the best thing is that it does not look like anything is back there
Old 06-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Spike13
Intermediate

Default Re: Sub question in a C4 (deiaggie)

Mine is the same as JAY17 above , but the subs are towards the front with a 700.5 kicker amp in the backside.

Spike13

Get notified of new replies

To Sub question in a C4

Quick Reply: Sub question in a C4