C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1982 info wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 10:46 PM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 322 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Default 1982 info wanted

I found a 1982 Coupe, with 53xxx miles, Claret paint and dark red interior. The interior is all new and looks fantastic. It has a very good respray of the Claret paint and I couldn't find any swirlmarks. It also has glass tops, Polished wheels, power seats, locks, mirrors and antenna. Cruise control and rear defogger. It also has a new exhaust system the original unused spare and jack and the owners manual.

This is a gorgeous car and its priced right. Having a C5 I know absolutely nothing about the Cross Fire Injection 350. Anything to watch on these? What should I expect reliability wise. Any problem areas?

For those that have the 82 how does it perform? Tell me what you love and hate about the car.

Thanks all.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:24 AM
IRON 82
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1982 info wanted (2k2C5)

I love this car. Not to many problems with mine. The parts are alot in money wise and the crossfire gives me no problems, yet. Crossing my fingers!!
You might have problems on the T-Tops weather seals leaking, heater core going bad(heat from the floor & passengerside floor board wet), front and top vents not opening(a pinched line), vacuum leaks(from floor dash assembly & lights not going up or down). Also might have your dash instruments not work properly too! Not me, yet!

If you tend to store the vette for a long time, make sure you drive it over a weekend to run out the bad stuff in the engine and keep your wheels from flat spotting.

Go to this website to help with your crossfire engine problems: http://www.crossfire.homeip.net

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my 82 CE vette!! :smiliedrool:

IRON 82 :auto: :steering:

[Modified by IRON 82, 2:30 AM 5/30/2004]
Old 05-30-2004, 02:44 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: 1982 info wanted (2k2C5)

The crossfire setup is very reliable, a little low on power but in stock form it has decent torque, and will run all day long with good gas mileage, You can up the power with a few modifications.

Mine has run flawlessly so far. And it starts everytime.

If you do want to learn more about the CFI, there is a website full of us crossfire nuts, with tons of information.
http://www.crossfire.homeip.net:81/
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have anyother questions. :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To 1982 info wanted

Quick Reply: 1982 info wanted