C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring on ignition coil

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 12:28 PM
bjandajatbraves
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring on ignition coil

Does anyone have a picture, or could explain, where the wires go on the ignition coil? I put on a new dist. cap and gad to transfer the ig. coil. When I tried to start the car, It turns over fine but is not getting fuel. I thought I might have put the wires back wrong.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:06 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Default Re: wiring on ignition coil (bjandajatbraves)

Not sure I understand your question :) but I will say that messing with the coil/distributor cap would have no effect on the car not getting fuel. That's another issue.

The car will run whichever way you hook the wires to the coil, but in general, the "hot" wire from the ignition switch goes to the NEG post of the coil. The pigtail wire from the distributor goes to the POS post of the coil. You don't mention the year of your car. Maybe your HEI ignition is different. Older, non HEI cars will work either way.

Are you sure you put the spark plug wires back in the correct towers? The firing order is 18436572. Did you forget to put the rotor back in? Are you getting spark? Hope this helps. Chuck
Old 05-30-2004, 10:15 AM
bjandajatbraves
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: wiring on ignition coil (Chuck Gongloff)

I found out that i'm getting fuel, but not spark. maybe the coil is bad.

Get notified of new replies

To wiring on ignition coil

Quick Reply: wiring on ignition coil