C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash out need help

Old 05-29-2004, 01:04 AM
checklst
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash out need help

Hey guys I have 2 questions, I got the dash off (71 C3) and had this part that was unpluged I can't seem to find out what it is in all my book or what it could plug into. It's to the right of the radio amp on the passanger side it has cooling fins?????

Second I restored the vent behind the Kick panel on the passenger side I had to make a new gasket for it and as I was checking if it worked I got confused as to what and how it works. In the off position it is closed, turn Max air on or vent, or Bi-leval it opens!!!!!!!!!TURN IT TO VENT ON THE DIAL AND IT CLOSES, I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE VENT FOR OUTSIDE AIR off the side body vent. SHOW'S I know vary little about the air heating and vents on these C3's. Just where does a 71C3 draw outside air?????and is this opening and closing at the right dial setting?

Thanks Dave

:confused:

[Modified by checklst, 6:06 AM 5/29/2004]
Old 05-29-2004, 06:43 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Dash out need help (checklst)

the thing with the finned heatsink is part of the radio, they're the convectors from the AM/FM Stereo Radio

[Modified by Twin_Turbo, 5:46 AM 5/29/2004]
Old 05-29-2004, 06:46 AM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Dash out need help (checklst)

Dave, I'm pretty sure the finned piece is part of the radio. I don't remember what it is called or what it does. My 73 had one like the one on the right but not the big one on the left like you have. As far as the vent, when the kick panel vent is open another flap up under the fender top at the cowl closes and the air is recirculated. When the top flap opens it lets outside air in through the heater box. Good Luck, Craig
Old 05-29-2004, 05:47 PM
checklst
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dash out need help (CF6873)

Thanks guys I guess sense everything was working before I not worry about the radio part. The big one on the left has black & green wire matching the same color as the speakers,the wires were cut and he had a craig amp and radio installed, so I kinda thought it was a GM orgional amp but was no sure.

The on on the right who knows, the 3 wires don't match the radio color (maybe is was a second amp if you bought the upgraded 4 speaker system).

Thanks for the vent answer, I thought it might be wired wrong and would have goofed it up for sure

Thanks again!!!! Have a safe holiday!!!!!!!!!!!
. :steering:

Get notified of new replies

To Dash out need help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash out need help