C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 08:45 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today...

YUP! i ordered a Grant steering wheel here... http://www.tognottisautoworld.com/Pr...t/corvette.asp
and this morning i got an email from them stating that they were out of stock on that item and it would be 14 days berfore they would recieve it and THEN they would ship it to me... :rolleyes:

NOW GET THIS...they also said that I WOULD BE CHARGED for the shipping from Grant to them AND the shipping from them to me!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

maybe its me but that dosnt sound like a good way to do business...
kinda pissed me off... :rant:

SO...does anyone know a GOOD place to get a Grant mahogany wheel?

[Modified by SIGNGUY, 8:51 PM 5/28/2004]
Old 05-28-2004, 08:54 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Re: bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today... (SIGNGUY)

So, this is an expensive hobby. I paid $140 for this one, but was able to sell my old one for $75. I ended up paying shipping on both transactions.

Good for me, I am about $1K from total competion on this car (I think.) :rolleyes:
Old 05-28-2004, 09:01 PM
73 Vet
Racer

Default Re: bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today... (SIGNGUY)

I ordered one from the same place, was told the same thing, but got it in about five days. I'm very pleased with it. Every where I called was the same thing; they are on backorder. Shipping charges are just something I'm used to.........in most cases, it still beats the hell out of prices locally. :)
Old 05-28-2004, 09:09 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Default Re: bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today... (OHSIXX)

So, this is an expensive hobby.
i understand that as i would be embarrassed to admit to you how much $ i have sunk into mine... :rolleyes:
however...
1...i think that 3 weeks is too long to have to wait...
2...i dont think it is fair at all to charge me for shipping for them to obtain inventory...
i have to wonder...if shipping charges arnt built into their pricing, does every customer have to pay double shipping on every item they buy???
after all...it is NOT a special order item...it is an item that they list as in stock and its not my fault they are out of them...

i just dont think its a good way to do business myself...

if its $140...its $140...no prob...
just dont BS me...know what i mean?

[Modified by SIGNGUY, 9:26 PM 5/28/2004]
Old 05-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Older Than Dirt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are looking for the 794 (polished spoke), Summit has them in stock. 123.99. Tell Summit what Tognotti's sells them for and they will match their price.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:30 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today... (Older Than Dirt)

If you are looking for the 794 (polished spoke), Summit has them in stock. 123.99. Tell Summit what Tognotti's sells them for and they will match their price.
:iagree: Summit will send you any wheel you want.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:35 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Default Re: bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today... (Older Than Dirt)

thank you very much! :)
Old 05-28-2004, 09:37 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

I have the 791 really nice, leather wrapped feels nice to drive with it. At Jegs for about 93 bucks :D
Old 05-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Wrecked82
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Same thing happened to me, but 2 years later, I am still waiting for it to show up on my credit card. Take from there.

Oh forget it, it probably did show up on my credit card and I just missed it.... :p:

[Modified by Larry82, 8:47 PM 5/28/2004]
Old 05-28-2004, 09:53 PM
corvettecris
Burning Brakes

Default Re: bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today... (Larry82)

Bought mine from summit (the black stained mahogany one) and LOVE IT!!!! I like to deal with Summit..
Old 05-28-2004, 10:36 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Default Re: bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today... (OHSIXX)

total completion on this car (I think.) :rolleyes:
:rofl: total completion! that's funny! :rofl: :rofl: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 05-29-2004, 01:22 AM
78PC L82_4SP
Intermediate

check ebay, I see them on there all the time. I bought one that is pretty neat looking. Id show you if I knew how to send pics to the forum
Old 05-29-2004, 11:01 AM
mandm1200
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Sounds like a rip off to me. I never heard of a business charging the customer twice to receive their inventory. In my opinion the price they posted includes shipping to them. All businesses take into account freight charges to receive items. There are many other factors that go into receiving and selling goods. The cost to place the order, pay the invoice, unpack the item, stock the item, etc. They have an assortment of other bills to pay: rent, electric, phone, employees, advertising, etc.

Before you know it, they'll start adding additional charges other than then freight to them.
I would find it hard to believe that their shipping cost to receive it is more than $2, assuming they are buying several dozen items from the same supplier. They should just eat that cost. If this is something they buy as needed from a supplier and they buy very little from, and they know that each order they place will have a significant shipping charge they should have a retail price to reflect that.

That reminds me of a sign/cartoon I saw at a store. First picture shows a guy at the parts counter and the parts guy tells him the price of the item is $69.95. The customer says the business down the street sells the same item for $59.95. The parts guy then tells him to go there and buy it. The customer says he was there but they are out of stock. The parts guy says ‘when were out of stock of this item we sell them for $49.95’.

Mike
Old 05-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Today's problem is..
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

If your interested I have one that was on my old monte carlo for about 6 weeks id sell.

Get notified of new replies

To bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today...

Quick Reply: bought a Grant wheel yesterday...cancelled the order today...