C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eckler's Tach circuit board...problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Pete76Shark
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eckler's Tach circuit board...problem

I just changed the circuit board with Ecklers part #36963 and now the tach reads 4000 rpm when it should read 1500 rpm. The old tach CB was working fine but since it was stock I figured I would swap it out while I had the dash open.

Any ideas ?
beside put the old one back in which I will do as a last resort.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:58 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Eckler's Tach circuit board...problem (Pete76Shark)

I have the exact same prob. Seems that in '76 and '77 you need to pull the needle off the tach, and re-zero it, while the tach is powered up (KEY ON)

Mine reads stooooooopid numbers now too, after all that work :mad :rolleyes:
Old 05-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Andrew
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Re: Eckler's Tach circuit board...problem (Pete76Shark)

I hope that the only problem is that you need to remove the needle and set it at 0.

From my experience with Ecklers, I purchased one for my 79 and it did not work. I returned it and they sent a new one. The new one did not work either. I took my old one to someone who knew how to work on them and he got the old one fixed for a while. Now I just don't worry about it. All of that trouble and no fix.

If it is as simple as removing the needle, that procedure is very easy. Remember to pull on big end of the needle and don't touch the needle itself. They break very easy. :cheers:
Old 05-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Pete76Shark
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eckler's Tach circuit board...problem (SanDiegoPaul)

I have the exact same prob. Seems that in '76 and '77 you need to pull the needle off the tach, and re-zero it, while the tach is powered up (KEY ON)

Mine reads stooooooopid numbers now too, after all that work :mad :rolleyes:
That makes sense to me, seems the zero point was way to high. I also found a small adjustable pot on the end of the board, that did not get it to zero when I tried to adjust it.
I put the old one back in and will have to make a note not to buy this from Eckler's again should the stock board crap out..

I had to install the drivers side panel 3 times due to this... man thats a job and a half..

Thanks for the help
:flag

Get notified of new replies

To Eckler's Tach circuit board...problem

Quick Reply: Eckler's Tach circuit board...problem