C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

doh. think the starter just hit the sh!77er

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 12:19 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doh. think the starter just hit the sh!77er

went to start it up and not much so i put the battery on 6 amps and tried to start and it barely started and then died. tried again and it rolled over once or twice and then gegegegegeggegegegege from the starter i guess..now that's all i get. Prolly some orielly cr@p from the installer.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:52 PM
rob75383
Pro

Default Re: doh. think the starter just hit the sh!77er (munday)

went to start it up and not much so i put the battery on 6 amps and tried to start and it barely started and then died. tried again and it rolled over once or twice and then gegegegegeggegegegege from the starter i guess..now that's all i get. Prolly some orielly cr@p from the installer.
My guess is that your battery is drained or dead. The gegegegege sound is probably the solenoid clicking quickly.
My advice is to charge your battery overnight, then check it with a voltmeter before reconnecting it to the car.
From my limited experience, when the starter goes bad, it makes no noise whatsoever. You're probably dealing with a dead or drained battery, perhaps even a bad alternator.
How long was the car sitting before you attempted to start her? How long did you leave the charger on the batt??
Did you try to jump start your car?
What is orielly anyway? :lol:
Old 05-29-2004, 01:10 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: doh. think the starter just hit the sh!77er ('75 383 ElkGrove)

battery is a die hard, a couple years old at least 2, car only got started a few times last year, and has trouble pushing out the in dash tv when off.

Get notified of new replies

To doh. think the starter just hit the sh!77er

Quick Reply: doh. think the starter just hit the sh!77er