C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is this dogs problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:33 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF is this dogs problem

my wifes dog, i guess my dog too, a shiba inu. IS A MPITA!!!! she never chews anything in front of someone, but in the middle of the night she will. Last night she ate my wifes biology book, my xbox controller, my headset, 1 bikini, my budlight koozie and some other sh!znit i haven't found yet. I want to kill this damn dog, this is getting old, and of course i'm the ahole since i want to make the dog stay outside. i don't give a d@mn if it chews my wifes stuff since apparently she doesn't care, but no dog is gonna chew my stuff. my other dog a blue heeler at least chewed stuff that hurt her and learned her lessons....electrical sockets, citronella bombs and such.

this dog also has chewed on my deck, my grill, my spa top, my garden. I very rarely catch her.

give me some suggestions, if you don't think someone will like your suggestions IM me. also the dog is not teething, she is about 10 months old and i believe has all of her adult teeth in. i even bought the little b!atch flavored bones.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:37 AM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: WTF is this dogs problem (munday)

dog kennel !!!!! OR a CHAIN as the wife to pick
Old 05-26-2004, 12:51 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know what a shiba inu is, but it seems like it's a puppy. Puppies chew, just like we drive. You need to give it stuff to chew, and pick up the stuf you don't want it to chew (obvious). Get a *bunch* of toys and leave them all over. Go to the grocer and get a free bone "knuckle" joint. Dogs love these since they have some meat still left on them. Most dogs stop when they are out of the teenager stage (about a year and a half). I'd say give the little critters a break....

Good luck - :)
Old 05-26-2004, 01:21 AM
munday
Le Mans Master

Default Re: WTF is this dogs problem (Z-man)

give the dog a break...okay the dog can stay in the kennel until she is done chewing, oh and she has all the major toys already.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:48 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

1 bikini,
I hope no one was wearing them.... especially you..... :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 05-26-2004, 02:55 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: WTF is this dogs problem (Desertdawg)

keep in crate when unsupervized and give dog something safe to chew on, ie vet-approved nylabone or some such thing. (Boy, I sure have a good dog! :lol: )
Old 05-26-2004, 03:19 AM
72rdstr
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Had a Shiba when I lived in Oki. He did this for ~ a year. Shibas are wonderful companionans and fierce defenders of their turf (which seems to travel with them :lol: ) Keep the little girl in a kennel and on a leash when outside.
Todd
Old 05-26-2004, 05:28 AM
standup
Drifting

Default Re: WTF is this dogs problem (PRND21)

keep in crate when unsupervized and give dog something safe to chew on.........
:iagree: ..........your dog is doing this because she's bored.....and she's chewing up your belongings because you are allowing her to chew up your belongings by giving her access to them........so what you need to do is crate the dog.....a crate can be an actual crate or cage, a kennel, or a room with only her stuff in it...basically a safe place for her to stay when she's unsupervised......

..........sometimes I crate my dogs with me, e.g when I want to play on the computer I bring the dogs in with me and shut the door, if I don't they'll run down the road and bark at the neighbors :nono:

Also, check out interactive toys like Kong

......and there's lots on the net about dog training and crate training.....best to get started now while she's young.......... :cheers:
Old 05-26-2004, 05:44 AM
DMONSVETTE
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My co-workers new 10 month old, 75 pound pit bull likes to stretch out
dog chains so he had to get some extra heavy duty ones.
Click pic to enlarge, he's BIG!

:eek: :seeya
Old 05-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Most dogs do this because they have too many toys, give them 2 toys max or they'll think everything in sight is one and they'll start chewing on it
Old 05-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: WTF is this dogs problem (Twin_Turbo)

Dog Kennel and a Nila bone....My girlfriend also has one and she is the best little dog.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:50 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crate (kennel) the dog at night and when you're not around. Although humans see them as cages, dogs view them as their "home" or safe place. Leaving house dogs outside for extended periods is not good.

The dog will get over the chewing phase...just not yet. :yesnod:
Old 05-26-2004, 09:50 AM
tonyk72
Racer

Muzzel her at night?
Old 05-26-2004, 01:03 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Dogs, like people can be wacko, destructive, and just plain jealous..... If you can't live with it's "doings" then get rid of it to a new home, APL, whatever. Unlike children, which we are required to keep and maintain by law, pets are just animals. As long as we treat them in a humane way, we can do as we like with them. If they don't fit in with the household, they need to go. No sense losing your mind over an dog.

BTW: Since you say it is your wife's dog, did she have it before you got married? If so, it's probably jealous and is taking it out on both of you.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:23 PM
69Sting
Instructor

Default Re: WTF is this dogs problem (KenSny)

:iagree: :iagree:

Best thing to do with a Pup is give them a kennel or room of their own. We got our Siberian Husky at 1 yr old and we started him in a kennel then his own room. In his room he had a couch with pillow that we didn't car if he chewed on but when he did we did scold him, over 18mo we gradually allowed him into more rooms and now he has full rain of the house 24hrs a day. Not a thing gets touched.

We had the dog first and now our 2yr olds toys are always out and the dog leaves the kids toys alone and only plays with his. They will learn it is all just a very large patients game.

If you get a kennel make sure it is one big enough so that at full size the dog can turn around with out pressing on the sides, if the dog has to strugle to turn around it is too small and the dog won't like to go in. Also keep a blanket in the kennel and when the dog isn't in the kennel keep it accessable, some dogs will go there because they feel safe or comfortable.

Good Luck,

Last suggestion don't let your dog in the garage unsupervised unless you want a new interrior for your car :cheers: :lol:
Old 05-26-2004, 01:34 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: WTF is this dogs problem (69Sting)

This is my buddy Dan after a hard day of chasing rabbits. :lol: He'e exhausted, he's 14 years old and doesn't have any teeth anymore.
I would never leave a dog tied outside. They are people oriented and want to be by your side.
A cage is a good thing when you are out or at night if they cause problems but don't tie her outside.
If you hate the dog like you seem too she will know it.
Double click to enlarge

[Modified by norvalwilhelm, 12:35 PM 5/26/2004]
Old 05-26-2004, 09:25 PM
76Frankenstein
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WTF is this dogs problem (page62)

Crate (kennel) the dog at night and when you're not around. Although humans see them as cages, dogs view them as their "home" or safe place. Leaving house dogs outside for extended periods is not good.

The dog will get over the chewing phase...just not yet. :yesnod:
:iagree:
Except I think my dog will never get over the chewing - but he likes his crate (good thing for him).

Get notified of new replies

To WTF is this dogs problem

Quick Reply: WTF is this dogs problem