C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car is posessed

Old 05-25-2004, 08:53 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default My car is posessed

I've not been able to get the diverter for the ac/heat vents to work since I've resurrected the car 4 years ago. It has always been aimed right at my feet, and gets *#*$ hot in the summer.

Well today I drove the thing to the car wash since it had to sit outside for a couple days and got pretty dirty. Flipped the selector to "Vent" and it friggin worked! I thought I would get sneaky with it and see if the defroster worked, and sure enough, it went up to the top and floor vents simultaneously.

I think I am going to take the car to my dad and have him put some gas in the A/C and see if it will hold a charge. If I try to pay him for the R-12, how much should it cost just for the gas only? My car is not converted to R-134a, and my dad already has the R-12 and is a licensed HVAC repairman.

I never thought to try it, but I wonder if my cruise control started working correctly too? If so, I'll be set for some summer cruising!!!

:party: :party:
Old 05-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: My car is posessed (Stoge)

Go see a priest and say the rosary four times.......

Great news! Perhaps, it was a minor vaccuum leak or dirty connection somewhere.....when you washed the car, it got cleaned up.....so wash your car often........LOL
Old 05-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: My car is posessed (Sharky Guam)

:lolg: :lolg:

Get notified of new replies

To My car is posessed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My car is posessed