C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle cable help...again

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 06:26 PM
68stingray
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle cable help...again

I posted a little while ago about my throttle cable being too long. Well I was told to bend the metal piece that bolts to the rod that bolts up to the pedal. I've finally gotten around to getting under there to do this, but how do I get that piece of metal out of the car with the throttle cable going through it? Do I have to pull the whole cable through with it? Thanks
Old 05-25-2004, 06:29 PM
68stingray
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: throttle cable help...again (68stingray)

Forgot to add....the whole reason I am doing this is (1) the cable is obviously short and (2) the gas pedal stuck when I was driving it :eek: Anyone else run into this problem of sticking pedal and if so what should I do? It sort of scraps along when you pull the throttle open. More springs? Thanks
Old 05-25-2004, 10:12 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: throttle cable help...again (68stingray)

not sure about all the details you mentioned, but you should have 2 throttle return springs at the carb. (Safety measure I believe, in case one breaks). I had a sticky throttle once and as a temporary measure to get home I put on an extra return spring. It worked, but my foot got a little sore from pressing on the gas, and on the highway my speed would drift down from 65 to 55 periodically... :lol: I later discovered my throttle was getting hung up on the air cleaner base.

Get notified of new replies

To throttle cable help...again

Quick Reply: throttle cable help...again