C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 04:58 PM
wugak
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new?

My seats are nice and new and I want to keep them that way. I planned to buy some Walmart seat covers and maybe put some extra foam under them. I'd love to find some that fit snugly. I have red interior so I wanted something that wasn't ugly like grey I guess. Something durable that won't get hot in the summer. Corvette Central sells some but I don't know how they would fit.

Also, on the sides where the chrome trim bracket that supports the back, there is a spopt that always tears first. When you get in and out you squash the seat leather againast the metal bracket and over time it tears. I planned to cut small leather patches about 2" diameter and install them over the bolt so this doesn't happen. Know what I mean? Anyone else have a trick for that?

Ideas?
Old 05-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new? (wugak)

I have saw some sheepskin covers at Sams that I had given some thought about. I was wanting my seats to last for a little while too. I haven't tried them yet.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new? (Eddie 70)

I have a set of Wet Okoles and I love them. They are made of the same material diving wet suits are made of. They also are waterproof. So you can go to the beach and not worry about getting water on the leather.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:51 PM
wugak
Safety Car

Default Re: Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new? (Sharky Guam)

My buddy has some of thsoe in his truck and they seem bulletproof but comfy. Are they made for each car or do they just stretch over any seat? I want something that fits snugly and doesn't look like cheesy covers from department stores. Where did you buy them?
Old 05-25-2004, 07:09 PM
gh78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new? (wugak)

SHAME ON YOU!!!!! First for wanting to cover your seats and second for wanting to buy anything from that Union busting low life Wallymart!!!

[Modified by gh78, 7:10 PM 5/25/2004]
Old 05-26-2004, 09:05 AM
wugak
Safety Car

Default Re: Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new? (gh78)

I was kidding about Walmart.... I would never put cheapo covers on. I just want to get as much life out of the seats as possible. Getting in an out of a vette really puts creases in leather!!!

Not to get too political here but IMO most unions aren't needed any more and are a PITA. Unions were started to give workers power to get a FAIR deal from corporations. Now they are often used to strong arm companies. The power has swung too far the other way. I work with too many union shops where workers sit around and sleep because their jobs are secured. I tried to install a machine at a plant in KY and I needed a carpeneter to open the crate. They wouldn't let me undo 4 wing nuts to open it. Then they called a rigger to roll the machine out on its wheels from the crate. Then I needed an electricain to plug the plug into the wall. Then a pneumatics guy to plug in the air line. Mind you this is 30 seconds worth of easy work that took us 3 hours to accomplish. I went to the tool crib on a sunday (I install stuff a lot on weekends when the plants are down) and there were 3 workers SLEEPING because union rules state that 3 people need to work the tool crib at all tmes even sunday when the plant is shut down. That sounds fair doesn't it? :rant: OK end of rant.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:24 AM
mooneyd
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got covers from Eckler's, black with C3 logo. Really nice, covers backs completely, a little loose, but otherwise I like them. My seats are bad and until I can redo them the covers look great. Here is a picture of them.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:35 AM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,450 Likes on 755 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Default Re: Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new? (gh78)

I have always wondered about seat covers........Why would you want to hide the beauty of the originals? Why would you want to preserve the pristine seats for the next guy? Back in the 60s and 70s people used to cover their car seats and living room couch. After 5 years they were perfect when the sold them to the next person, so he got perfect seats! I would rather use them myself......if they get worn, reskin 'em! The only thing I might consider woudl be a high end lambswool, purley for addtional comfort, not to "save" the seats.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:59 AM
1FUNVET
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new? (gliot1)

well, MHO, I think you sould get some seat covers. I just got my car last Oct, and the interior is getting redone. In fact, I just left a deposit this past weekend. Mine is going to be a custom job and so after it's done I will cover my seats for normal wear/tear times, however, if I go to a show, or if I know people gonna be gawking at my car those seat covers are coming right off. This car is mine till I die and I want to protect my investment. Since the interior needs replaced - this is a one shot deal for me, so that's why I decided to go custom. The interior will never need to be re-done again, as long as I have the car. I want it to be look :cool: . Don't worry guys, I will share lots of pics when it's ready. My car goes in late July early Aug and will be in for 6 weeks. :cheers:
Old 05-26-2004, 01:44 PM
den(thevetteman)78
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My seats in my 78 were not new so to make then look good i had a pair of seats cover made with white materiel so it match my oyster int .They did looked charp and were cool in summer. :steering:

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new?

Quick Reply: Anyone use seat covers that they like? Ideas for keeping new seats new?