C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weatherstriping

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 09:51 PM
jeaux
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weatherstriping

who's got the best weatherstripping for a 75? :auto:
Old 05-24-2004, 11:24 AM
12stepvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07
Default Re: weatherstriping (jeaux)

I`ve bought from ; http://www.corvette-rubber.com

and http://www.yankeelady.com/willcox/index.htm

Both have great products, but I tend to stay with Willcox because he ships faster and his service is better.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:02 PM
WarBound
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: weatherstriping (12stepvette)

Wilcox rocks. My package for my 80 is perfect. New door feel-cushion. Had to wax top part of door by handle for 1 week till it settled in.

Hehehe Wilcox...2 days after ordering (I ordered std ground). I get a package with only 2 of 9 pieces in it and no slip or explanation...I was like what the heck. I call them voice and they say,

Sir...we sold many kits the last few days. We only had 7 of 9 pieces and instead of making you wait the extra few days for delivery we called the factory direct and told them to FED EX you ASAP!!! I received my 7 of 9 from Wilcox under the agreed upon 6-7 day shipping.

Now that is being organized and caring...they rock.

PS: No affiliation with them at all. I'm sure many good vendors are out there...as well as bad ones....from my experience materials are top notch and so is service from Wilcox.

Good luck....btw, go slow when doing the winshield pillars. If it does not fit right it does not always mean its the weatherstripping....you have to hand fit that area to the t-top and door...thats why there are slots in the pillar molding horizontally. Vertically you need to fit it in....do it last after door is positioned correctly and after t-top is done and settled on car for 1-2 days.

Get notified of new replies

To weatherstriping

Quick Reply: weatherstriping