C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

side crossed flags fender emblems (Help)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 10:25 AM
NkSlinger
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side crossed flags fender emblems (Help)

Ok, on the 78's the side Crossed Flags on the fenders where changed. In the early consruction time of the cars the side Crossed Flags are black and white checkerd board. In the top right coner of the flag, that corner is white. In the later part of that year Corvette the same corner was changed to Black. So, my Corvette has one with a right corner in white and one with a black coner. I'm thinking that the emblem with the black coner is a replacement. Hopfully some out there can tell me if any of this info is right. :cool:
Old 05-25-2004, 01:50 AM
MGB
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Re: side crossed flags fender emblems (NkSlinger)

Both my fender flags have white in the upper right corner on my '78. I thought I knew a lot about my car, but your question got me to looking and noticed that the front and rear emblems are black in upper right corner. Are yours? It seems odd that GM would make them different. My owners manual has a picure on the front cover of the rear emblem and the corner is black. It seems that should be correct since the flag is pictured as "waving" and a part of the flag is hidden, hence two adjacent squares being the same color which is black. On page 304 of Corvette America's catalog, there is a picture shown of the fender flag and the corner is black, the same as the picture on the owner's manual. At this point, I'm not sure which is correct, but I'm thinking my fender flags may be painted wrong. Who out there has a certified original that can help??? Anyone else!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:46 AM
Neo Fender
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the pattern can vary according to the emblem - even on the same vehicle. On my '79, I believe the nose emblems and side emblems each have a different pattern.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:02 AM
maxfli01
6th Gear

Default Re: side crossed flags fender emblems (Neo Fender)

My 78 was #10,435 and it has the white corners.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:14 AM
mvftw
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

NkSlinger is correct. Early '78's have white, black, white on the 3 right squares going up/down. They were changed later to black, white, black. I don't know when the change occurred. It's hard to find the early style, replacements are the newer style. They also changed the word 'Car' to 'Vehicle' on the air cleaner. 'Car' is early.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:51 AM
NkSlinger
5th Gear

Default Re: side crossed flags fender emblems (MGB)

to MGB, the front and rear emblems are the same as yours. I know my Vette was an early production car, it's a Pace Car #2481. So the next question would be, try to find the correct emblem or find a place to restore them both? :cool:

Get notified of new replies

To side crossed flags fender emblems (Help)

Quick Reply: side crossed flags fender emblems (Help)