C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jealous jerks

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 04:15 AM
silverbullet78
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jealous jerks

has anyone fallen victim to jealous people because you have a corvette and they dont? i had my whole front end keyed ( knifed is what it looked like) 5 days after i bought mine last year, in a town i had never been in i was just passing thru , went in to get gas , came out 5 mins later and the damage was done. since then i have had my rear panel kicked and a tire slashed ( thank god they could patch it those things cost $!! ) i dont have any enemies and i dont drive like a jerk. i hope im the only one and you all dont have the same luck as me concerning this. :banghead: oh ans p.s. it doesnt seem to matter where u park in the parking lot they always seem to find you, i have been backed into twice in the same spot( rear left bumper) they got just the plastic bumper the first time .. but recently they got some glass too :cry
oh also.. as an edit: i forgot to mention they tore off 1/2 of my rear "corvette" emblem about 3 months ago. it just said "ette" and the 45$ it cost to get a new one isnt worth the 250$ insurance deductible. i just tore the hole thing off and now have emblem holes there
:banghead:

[Modified by silverbullet78, 8:37 PM 5/24/2004]
Old 05-23-2004, 04:53 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: jealous jerks (silverbullet78)

YUP, I know souys who spiked my tires about 3 times a few years ago,,, Steve Szala crew at a company he stole money from me at......here locally, and 3 times from unknown persons....one cigarette burn on the driver's fender, another damage to rear spoiler top edge, another looks like brake fluid on top of rear deck.....

GENE
Old 05-23-2004, 06:40 AM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

holy crap :mad

I've not had any problems in the 24 years i've owned mine. But last year i had a single tire slashed at a renisssance festival last year. I think it was because i ignored parking signs and parked closer to the gate. I guess it was some losers form of white trash justice.

Old 05-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Pauld
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there are these type of jerks all over the world in every town, you just happened to be one of their victims. They have no repect for other peoples property :mad
Old 05-23-2004, 11:21 AM
My75
Heel & Toe

Default Re: jealous jerks (Pauld)

Jeeze, I'm glad I haven't had your guys luck. The worst I've had is a lipstick print just of the cowl from someone kissing the car.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:31 AM
any4xx
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Re: jealous jerks (My75)

Luck of the draw???

I've had four Corvettes in the last 15 years and have never had any type of vandalism.

(Now knocking feverishly on the desktop.)
Old 05-23-2004, 11:49 AM
stingraymaniac
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: jealous jerks (tpiini)

thats that kind of thing thats makes me really :mad :mad :mad
luckily i havent gotten any off it.
i sure hope you fing out who did it so you can :cuss and press charges ore something..
Old 05-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Re: jealous jerks (tpiini)

:yesnod:

Someone but beer bottles under my tires ata college football game. Didn't realize until I ran them over and poped the bottles. I somehow managed not to get a flat but still. :mad
Old 05-23-2004, 12:04 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

Default Re: jealous jerks (Corey_68)

Someone but beer bottles under my tires ata college football game. Didn't realize until I ran them over and poped the bottles. I somehow managed not to get a flat but still. :mad
it also appears that vandals snuck into your garage and painted your hood black primer. :lol:
Old 05-23-2004, 01:14 PM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: jealous jerks (turtlevette)

Hmmm...Maybe its because I am a teenager and there are alot of jealous d*@ks in the world but I was at a girls house that I have known for a while with my friends and some guys walk in that she knew but I didn't. They ask whose Corvette that was and I just politely said 'Oh thats mine' and they told me cool car. They ask for Cokes and then leave not thinking anything about it. So then when he leave I go outside and find that there is Coke poored ALL OVER my car. So I run to the nearest grocery store with my friends and get 2 gallons of water to clean off the Coke and we grabbed 2 dozen eggs. Lets just say we got revenge on the people that poured Coke on my car. :mad

Then one time I had shaving cream put on my hood and windshield. Never found out who did that. Some people just have no respect. Its not like I flaunt my car or try to look like a bad azz with it. I just love cars and its been my dream to have a Corvette.

-Ryan
Old 05-23-2004, 01:42 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For the first three years I used my 68 as the daily driver. The only incident was a theft attempt. Teh punks knocked out the ignition and used a screw driver to start it...needless to say teh attempt failed. The screw driver was still in teh ignition when I got out of work.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:48 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: jealous jerks (turtlevette)

it also appears that vandals snuck into your garage and painted your hood black primer. :lol:
:lol: I would like to see someone try it in that garage. Corey would have em swimming with the fishies. ;)
Old 05-23-2004, 02:56 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Re: jealous jerks (LAvetteman)

Someone once placed glass beer bottles behind my front tires. I saw them when approaching the car and was able to remove them. :(
Old 05-23-2004, 03:18 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

Default Re: jealous jerks (OHSIXX)

I had a few incidents in high school as I always had nice cars. No big ones though.

Since high school the only ones I've had were business related. Fired one woman and she spit all over my car. Mostly stuff like that, oh well, it was better than having her around.

The worst one was when a lady came in and wanted to buy something and handed me a 20. I remembered she had bounced a check on me about 6 mos earlier. So I took her twenty, went back to my office and got the bounced check (which just happened to be for 20 too). Then I gave her her bounced check back instead. She was SOOOO PISSED, she even called the cops. Later that night I felt a severe vibration (Camaro) on the way home. pulled over to find all my lug nuts loose. Tightened them up and that was that.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:41 PM
WashingtonRacer
Pro

Default Re: jealous jerks (lbell101)

Well i got my vett in highschool too. Never had anyone mess with it really. a few times my friends would do something. (Mainly cause we had a phase where we would go teepee eachothers car. I knew they respected me when they would throw meat and shaving cream all over my other friends car and they would just lightly lay teepee over mine. Or sometimes do nothing at all.
They all knew what I would do to them if something were to happen to my car. Now after highschool I moved down to California, and things were completly different. The first night I was there someone egged my car "from close range too" and the shells left scratches over my otherwise absoluly flawless black paint job. The next night, same thing again. Thats about the extent of the dammage to my car. But it's also been stuck in my garage for the last 3 years now so not much can happen to it. But hopefully shortly I can re test that.

I want stinkin cameras in my car!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 04:38 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went into Chili's for dinner one time and came out to find a HUGE loogie on the left rear quarter panel. Some jerk either had saved it up or had a big ol' mouth - either way it was a lotta spit!
:mad :nono:

Old 05-23-2004, 05:13 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Some people have no respect for others or their property and let their immaturity get the best of them. It's never happened to me (knock on wood), but if it does I just hope I'm there to catch them. Can you say "vindictive vigilante"? :reddevil

Get notified of new replies

To jealous jerks

Old 05-24-2004, 03:57 AM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: jealous jerks (SharkAttack)

yea, i think my neighbor punched my rear bumper, because i have a nice little spot that its cracked. the paint has been on almost an entire year :mad

and its a woman to boot. a psychotic, Bytch woman.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:16 AM
tersian
Pro

Default Re: jealous jerks ('79ProwlerOrange)

I had a BMW 325i at one point that I had nice wheels on and lowered etc. etc. not riced out, but more Euro looking than a regular 325 and I actually sold it because I everywhere I went people would be denting it, scraping it, throwing rocks at it(cops actually busted people for that one, wouldn't give me their names tho or let me see them. I told them all I wanted was 5 minutes alone with each one of the 2 punks and I wouldn't press charges) I didn't have a garage at the time, so I worked on it in the street where it was parked.

Now, years later, I really fear what I would do if I saw someone doing some of the things you mention to my vette. Don't get me wrong, I have a pretty long fuse but that type of stuff really really makes it short and when it burns down, well, let's just say a really torqued off 6'3 1/2" 285lb man armed to the teeth is not really a fun ride any kids want to take. I'd definately have to pray to God to give me the strength to forgive.

Just my .02, I hate when these topics come up. I read all these stories and it makes me so mad at how ignorant other can be.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:47 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: jealous jerks (tersian)

I seriously don't understand people. Just a few weeks ago I spit a loogie a little too close to an old pick-up truck. Well, more than close, it landed on the bumper. This was an old, dirty, beat up pick-up truck. Obviously I wasn't meaning to do that and I actually wiped it off with my hand (yuck!). The owner probably wouldn't have ever even known or cared but it's not my truck and therefore I don't feel I should judge what he wants or doesn't want on his truck. On the flip side I've seen people slam their doors so hard on a car parked next to them and not even look to see if they did anything to it.

This is exactly why I don't want to get a show quality paint job on the vette cause I know there will be some jackbutt come along and ding, scratch, hit, or something else to it.

I just wish we could find something just as valuable to these people and mess with their "things" and see how they like it. :beatdeadhorse:

Quick Reply: jealous jerks