C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? on silver anni paint.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 03:44 PM
copter
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ? on silver anni paint.

I'm looking to buy one and have noticed that some of them have a accent stripe around the hood and some don't.Just want to know why?Don't want to get ripped off ya know.Thanks.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:42 PM
silverbullet78
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ? on silver anni paint. (copter)

i have the blue and silver model w/ the blue accent stripes. i have seen silver and gray tho. im not too sure of the difference. the hood accents definately look better :thumbs:
Old 05-23-2004, 12:56 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking to buy one and have noticed that some of them have a accent stripe around the hood and some don't.Just want to know why?Don't want to get ripped off ya know.Thanks.
My guess would be the car or hood was either repainted and/or replaced. THey all had it to my knowledge. I've never seen one without the stripe around the hood.

Old 05-23-2004, 03:24 AM
silverbullet78
Heel & Toe

Default Re: ? on silver anni paint. (78Vette-SA)

My guess would be the car or hood was either repainted and/or replaced. THey all had it to my knowledge. I've never seen one without the stripe around the hood.
i did a google image search and found quite a few 78 silver anniv paintjobs w/o the hoodstripe. i saved some of the pics but cant figure out how to post a pic ( im new here so if anyone knows how to post a pic please help) a few of the ones w/o the stripe were museum cars with like 10k miles on them so i doubt they have been repainted and if they were they would have gone here http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/ gm/1978av.htm and gotten new stripes before they were showcased. but of course i could be wrong.

i say get the 78 :thumbs: its my only car, so that extra space the fastback window affords turns my baby into a "grocery getter" every week or so( not to mention the passenger seat and floor) :steering: ;)
Old 05-23-2004, 04:35 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

I'm not sure what the question is but offer a few replies. If the question is in regards to the decal on the power bulge...it is a decal rather than a stripe. Painters can paint the silver anniversary scheme, but the stripes are more tricky and therefore elect to not paint them. They are decals!

No 78 silver anniversary cars came with a stripe around the hood...it's the power bulge I believe you're referring to and if so than decal is the ansnwer.

What's correct or came originally from the factory...decals stripe on the power bulge and there was only one color...charcoal!
Old 05-23-2004, 04:45 AM
silverbullet78
Heel & Toe

Default Re: ? on silver anni paint. (hunt4cleanair)

I'm not sure what the question is but offer a few replies. If the question is in regards to the decal on the power bulge...it is a decal rather than a stripe. Painters can paint the silver anniversary scheme, but the stripes are more tricky and therefore elect to not paint them. They are decals!

No 78 silver anniversary cars came with a stripe around the hood...it's the power bulge I believe you're referring to and if so than decal is the ansnwer.

What's correct or came originally from the factory...decals stripe on the power bulge and there was only one color...charcoal!
whats the story with my silver and blue paint and decals then? my paint is factory and there is only one silver anniv. edition listed. no blue/silver 2 tone listing shows

paint production for 1978 corvette:

15,283 Silver Anniversary cars
6,502 black/silver Pace Cars
4,150 were painted classic white
4,573 black
3,232 silver
2,121 mahogany
2,084 dark blue
2,074 red
1,991 dark brown
1,960 light blue
1,686 light beige
1,243 yellow

"The Anniversary and black/silver Pace Car had mandatory alloys."

i also have the alloys, stock

my "power bulge" has a blue decal, what does this mean?
Old 05-23-2004, 05:01 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: ? on silver anni paint. (silverbullet78)

"The Anniversary and black/silver Pace Car had mandatory alloys."

I also have the alloys, stock

my "power bulge" has a blue decal, what does this mean?
That be called "custom!" The alloy wheels were an option and you'll see they were quite popular.

I've seen cosmetically correct LT1 cars (70) with a non-original motor and the owner swore it was an LT1 car because the guy he bought it from told him so. It was cosmetically correct but was not originally configured for one.

Over the years, these cars are "modified" and the story gets told and along the way changes. That's why documentation becomes so important...confirms the legimacy of such unusual configurations.

Which is not to say they are not great combinations...I've got one I wish to do and it's not original...but I believe will look sharp!
Old 05-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: ? on silver anni paint. (hunt4cleanair)

Old 05-24-2004, 11:11 AM
copter
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everybody.Yes I mean the power bludge.I was thinking either a re-paint or just the L82's got them. :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To ? on silver anni paint.

Quick Reply: ? on silver anni paint.