C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sidepipe Length Q's:

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Mr. Chambered
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidepipe Length Q's:

Two questions:

1. What are the popular lengths of the sidepipe sections (or desired length) for sidepipe applications? I'm already figuring 4" OD diameter.

2. Also, for fabrication to the connection at the inlet end, would the pipe need to be expanded to an ID diameter, or OD sizing all the way?

Thanks, -Eric

[Modified by Mr. Chambered, 5:58 PM 5/22/2004]
Old 05-23-2004, 08:39 PM
JohnS_77
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Sidepipe Length Q's: (Mr. Chambered)

Two questions:

1. What are the popular lengths of the sidepipe sections (or desired length) for sidepipe applications? I'm already figuring 4" OD diameter.

2. Also, for fabrication to the connection at the inlet end, would the pipe need to be expanded to an ID diameter, or OD sizing all the way?

Thanks, -Eric
Well, I cannot really answer your questions right now. I am in the middle of making my own set of side pipes. This would be SO much easier if I had a welder!
I bought (2) 48" X 4" curved smoke stacks from the local heavy duty truck parts store. I didn't want chrome, so I had to wait a week.
I also bought (2) 24" X 2.5" glasspack mufflers and a 3" u-bend from Summit Racing.
The 48" pipes need to be cut shorter. I'll have the 4" pipes welded right to the case of the glasspack muffler (The case diameter is 4"). I got this idea from Wrencher. He used (2) 4" u-bends, and not truck smoke stacks. I will have the 3" u-bend welded to the case of the glasspack also. This 3" u-bend will connect to the pipes I have attached to the manifolds. I only need to figure out 1) How to attach the pipes to the frame, and 2) How far back from the wheel well should the pipe come outy from under the car.

This is Wrenchers car. He posted a few pictures of it a while back.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:45 AM
BeaterShark
Drifting

Default Re: Sidepipe Length Q's: (Mr. Chambered)

Are asking about the Hooker setup? They are the only ones I know of with a 4" diameter.

If so, I may be able to help out with the length measurement at least.

Get notified of new replies

To Sidepipe Length Q's:

Quick Reply: Sidepipe Length Q's: