C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stowing my T-Tops?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 04:30 PM
72Blazerod
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stowing my T-Tops?

The 1972 Corvette that I recently bought does not have a t-top bag to put my roofs into but it does have the luggage rack on the rear deck lid. I have seen people put the roofs out back there, how do I do it? Up to this point, when I go topless I just leave my roofs at home which is not very practical. Also from '68-'72 the rear window pops out as well as the t-roofs coming off; what can I do with the window? Can you buy a t-roof bag for the roofs and the window? If so, who makes them and where do I get one?

Thanks,

Rod :cheers:
Old 05-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Pauld
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Stowing my T-Tops? (72Blazerod)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Found these on Ebay, there are always some on ebay and these seem good prices. :cheers:
Old 05-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rod:

I know you can still purchase these bags for the tops. I put mine in the bags and slide them in the "trunk" behind the front seats. I carry a towel and put the towel between the tops in the bags since I noticed some abrasions in the paint from them rubbing at one point.

I don't have a luggage rack so I can't help you there.

The rear window can be stored in the tray designed to hold it. It is located under the deck. There should be a small black handle that says "rear window storage". Pop this down carefully and a tray is there for storage. Sometimes I just rest mine on the tunnel behind the seats.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:03 PM
72Blazerod
Advanced

Default Re: Stowing my T-Tops? (70454)

70 454,
Well now, that is the funniest thing! I had no idea about that pop-down storage area for my window, so I just went down to take a look! Sure enough it was exactly where you said it was. Now here's the funny part, when I opened it up, guess what I found, the original t-top bags for my car!!! LOL! I feel kind of stupid but I'm glad I don't have to fork out any money for something I already have!!! Thanks I'm a pretty happy guy right now! What a find!

:withstupid: :D

Thanks again!!!

Rod :cheers:
Old 05-22-2004, 05:26 PM
checklst
Racer

Speaking of window trays I just finished adding a felt material to the tray to keep the window from rattling and added some vibration protection. I also added a 1"gasket to the front lit to cover the sharp rivets as they were damageing the chrome on the window frame.

I am a new owner also and I am having fun crawling all over this car finding new things as I go :cheers:

[Modified by checklst, 10:27 PM 5/22/2004]
Old 05-22-2004, 05:36 PM
foundvettelifeisgood
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 183 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Re: Stowing my T-Tops? (70454)

If your tray was like mine, it was pretty dirty. The window goes in top edge first with the points toward you and pointing downward. :cheers:
Old 05-22-2004, 08:10 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

When travelling, we always have either the tops or two duffels on the rack. Use bungee cords for both. Never a problem. You can get the bags from Ecklers or MidAmerica.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

You can get brackets that attach to the luggage rack that will hold the tops in the same manner they are installed on the roof. I am reasonably sure you can get them at most of the suppliers that support this forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Stowing my T-Tops?

Quick Reply: Stowing my T-Tops?