C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with gauge replacement.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:54 PM
vetteman1100
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need help with gauge replacement.

I need to replace the oil pressure gauge in my 81'. How much of the dash and counsel do I need to remove? Any other suggestions? :confused: :confused:
Old 05-20-2004, 12:25 AM
REDRED62
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Need help with gauge replacement. (vetteman1100)

Not much! The center bezel must come out. To do this you will need to do the following.

1) PUT THE SHIFTER IN NEUTRAL. THEN TAKE THE SHIFT PLATE LOOSE AND SLIDE IT BACKWARDS. There are screws that hold the center bezel to the shift plat too, remove these....

2) REMOVE THE FOUR SCREWS FROM THE CENTER DASH BEZEL. REMOVE THE RADIO ***** AND NUTS. ONCE THE SCREWS ARE OUT YOU CAN PULL THE BEZEL BACK. BE CAREFUL WITH IT. THE HEATER/AC CONTROL LAMP IS ON TOP OF IT AND WILL DRAG THE DASH PAD WHEN REMOVED IF NOT CAREFUL. tHIS COULD LEAD TO A TEAR IN THE DASH PAD.

3) UN-PLUG THE CIRCUIT WIRE HARNESS FROM THE BACK AND REMOVE THE CLUSTER. WHEN YOU HAVE IT OUT, THEN YOU CAN TAKE THE PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD OFF, REMOVE THE BACK POD RETAINER AND THEN THE GAUGE.

It is not that hard to do... RED

[Modified by REDRED62, 5:26 AM 5/20/2004]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with gauge replacement.