C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 10:36 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Default AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!!

I am in the process of trying to install my bumpers and all the related brackets and braces, and with all the adjustments possible, I am losing my mind!! Almost every part on the front is slotted for adjustment!! I thought adjusting the door glass was bad, but this takes the cake!! Is there anyone who has lived through this that figured out a quick and easy way to get this done? Did the factory have some easy fast method? Can some of you chrome bumper owners, especially 70-72 owners, take some close up detail pics of your front bumper to body fitment for me? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:31 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!! (7t2vette)

I'll take some pics tomorrow during the day of mine.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:20 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!! (gdh)

Thanks alot GDH, I appreciate your help! :cheers:
Old 05-18-2004, 10:17 PM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!! (7t2vette)

I think cali just went through this about a month ago. Might want to message him.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My rear bumpers fit perfect, but I never got the front stuff exactly right. The trim pieces around the grilles on the passenger side don't line up perfect, and I gave up on the two bolts on the end of the bumper. Every time I tightened the ends down, no matter how I spaced or angle-shimmed them, they were crooked. I finally left the two end bolts out and it fits perfect. Like it's gonna protect the car anyway! :lol:

Hans
Old 05-19-2004, 04:03 AM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!! (Wrencher)

Your'e supposed to beat the crap out of the bumpers to fit your body, THEN send them off to the chrome shop. I was told this by a guy who is one of the best on C3 Vette body work. You need to get the body "cherry" first, then fit the bumpers, then get them chromed.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Todbo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!! (Solid LT1)

A real pita , front and back , fronts worse. The problem I had was the center of the front bumper was out and low. I even bought a new support bracket and that didn't help either. I finally took my dremel and cut the holes in the bracket bigger so I could slide the entire bracket and bumper back closer the to the glass , and I installed several washer under the front bolts of the support bracket to raise the bumper up to the proper height. sounds easy ? thats about 2 months of work - you work one day get so frustrated you have to walk away for a week :smash:
Old 05-19-2004, 04:30 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!! (Todbo)

Thanks for all the replies so far guys, but could someone please post or email me detail pics of their front bumper to body fitment, I need the help! There is a cruise night startring near my house this Sat., hopefully there wil be a bumper vette there that I can inspect and take pics of.

Get notified of new replies

To AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!!

Quick Reply: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! These chrome bumpers are driving me nuts!!