C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedometer/Tach Cable Lubricator

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Speedometer/Tach Cable Lubricator

I'm working on my guages. I have 3 of the four center guages working now (don't care about the clock) and need to order the tach circuit board to correct the 2x readings I get now. I was going to place my order today, but saw in my Mid-America Motorworks catalog the speedo cable lubricator. I was just wondering if anyone has used one and if it worked. My speedo bounces and the add claims to fix that.

I just figured that if it worked I'd fix that guage at the same time. That would just leave the fuel gauge.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:30 PM
72GACRZR
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: Speedometer/Tach Cable Lubricator (Ak. Mal)

Don't know about that product, but was told to graphit powder to lube the cables to prevent grease from working into them.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg

Ok, here's the deal. Upon futher investigation, I could buy this tool for $15.99. A tool that I would use only once or twice in my lifetime. OR, I could buy a new speedometer cable for $17.99.

Decision, you have to be a tool to buy this tool.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Crash80
Drifting

I would pull out the old speedo cable, give it a cleaning and then coat it with lithium grease. (even cheaper still) It worked for me and has never worked its way into the speedo itself. I figure I am good for another 24 years before I have to do it again. I did the graphite thing and it didn't last long for me. In fact it hardened on to the cable and I had to clean all that crap off before I re-installed.

Get notified of new replies

To Speedometer/Tach Cable Lubricator

Quick Reply: Speedometer/Tach Cable Lubricator