C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally put her back on the ground, Man I forgot how low it was....

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Finally put her back on the ground, Man I forgot how low it was....

After 6 months on jack stands, I put the vette back on the ground. Even though it is not finished it was nice to wash it and clean it up a little. I even forgot how low she was.

The steering turned out nice, I ended up welding in a 1" spacer to clear the oil pan. I also had to shim the motor up 1/8" on each side to clear both sides and the alternator. My plan now is to have it trailered over to my girlfriends dad Mustang restoration shop and finish there until I move. If the wiring is finish in the next couple of weeks it might be running by mid June. I hope to have some dyno footage and a couple burnout videos to share.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 05-16-2004, 08:29 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally put her back on the ground, Man I forgot how low it was.... (Budman78)

I love em low. I bet you're excited to be getting soo close. Post pics when you get there! :yesnod:
Old 05-16-2004, 10:27 PM
INTIMIDATOR ZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Finally put her back on the ground, Man I forgot how low it was.... (litevette)

I love em low. I bet you're excited to be getting soo close. Post pics when you get there! :yesnod:
:seeya :iagree: :flag :thumbs: :lurk:
Old 05-17-2004, 07:17 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Re: Finally put her back on the ground, Man I forgot how low it was.... (Budman78)

That's great Buddy. I went about my steering issue a little differently. Norval modified a Pitman arm for me so that it dropped the drag link 1.5". Then I had the bracket on the other side modified to drop that point down so that it'll be even. I don't have power steering so things are a little easier over here.

I finally got the clutch set yesterday. It wasn't as tough as I had envisioned, but bleeding that thing is messy. My harness looks nice but I have to figure out how to get the fuse panel and ALDL port through the dash so I can mount them on the inside. I probably won't be ready to fire it up until the weekend after Memorial Day unless something comes up. Looks like we could both fire them up the same weekend!

Get notified of new replies

To Finally put her back on the ground, Man I forgot how low it was....

Quick Reply: Finally put her back on the ground, Man I forgot how low it was....