C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Help from DFI Guys

Old 05-16-2004, 11:25 AM
SuprJames
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Need Some Help from DFI Guys

If anyone could help me with this problem it would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm running Accel DFI Gen VII with a SuperRam intake (TPI style). I think most of the needed info about the engine is in my signature. I'm having a problem with the engine dying whenever I rev the engine quickly in neutral and let completetly off the accelerator (or when I brake hard after accelerating). I'm guessing it might be a combination of an abundance of fuel and a lack of air. Do you guys know a way I can correct the problem??

I remember reading awhile ago somewhere that a hole might need to be drilled in the the butterfly (or somewhere in throttlebody??) to compensate for something. Is this what they were talking about, and if so what size hole and where exactly does it need to be drilled? :confused:
Old 05-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Need Some Help from DFI Guys (SuprJames)

you probably have the IAC misadjusted, check the idle pos. Should be around pos 20-40 or so. Also check the deceleration fuel cut off, if it's enabled you will want to set it to disengage at a proper rpm, a good bit before idle or it won't pick up in time to keep the engine from stalling. Be carefull with it tho, if yous et the stuff at too high rpm you might fail emissions because of HC and CO spikes and it may pop in the exhaust.
Do not drill holes in the throttle plate on a FI system, you have the ability to tune & adjust. Use the IACs what they're there for.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:23 PM
stickboy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need Some Help from DFI Guys (SuprJames)

I have this same problem, when my engine is cold. Check to make sure your IAC is at 10% or lower when the car is fully warmed up and idling. I can't get mine any lower than 9.8% tho. If not you need to open your throttle blade ups and reset the TPS low point. Adjust the throttle follower up some. Also I'm finding my problem is going away as I get the VE map closer. I think the biggest help is leaning out the high vacuum portion (top 2 rows) of the table. Also you can post a question on Mr gasket's site for tech help.

Also try reading this http://dev.corvettepages.com/forum_images/EMIC.pdf It's for the Gen 6 system but I found it very helpful

[Modified by stickboy, 2:28 PM 5/16/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Need Some Help from DFI Guys

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Some Help from DFI Guys