C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'75 L48 Automatic... what I'd LIKE to do.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Smokez
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '75 L48 Automatic... what I'd LIKE to do.

I have a '75 L48 Automatic. What I'd LIKE to do, is get a ZZ4 HO engine and a Keisler Automotive 5 Speed Manual to replace it. Is this a feasible swap?

I don't think I would be able to put this in myself, anyone know of a good company to contact in the Toronto area?
Old 05-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Buffalo Dude
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: '75 L48 Automatic... what I'd LIKE to do. (Smokez)

I would also like a zz4 in my '75, but I think i'd go with a 200-4r.

There's some stuff on this site if you look under tools/tech tips. I know many are very pleased with their zz4. Personally, I was looking at the 350 HO deluxe; a little bit cheaper and it comes with everything to run the engine.

Also, I think http://www.corvettefaq.com has a few things about both the zz4 and 5sp.

Good luck :thumbs:
Old 05-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: '75 L48 Automatic... what I'd LIKE to do. (Smokez)

The ZZ4 is a nice motor. Plenty of power with surprisingly good gas milage. I got 20mpg (driving normally) with a somewhat out-of-tune RoadDemon, TH400, and 3.08 rear end. I expect I'll see ~22mpg with EFI. The only thing I didn't like about the ZZ4 was horrid cold weather performance. That's why I went EFI... I was never able to tune out a cold weather stumble. And when I say cold I'm only talking like 45 or 50 degrees, we're not talking the dead of winter here. Anyhow, I don't have a THERMAC (stock air cleaner) and the ZZ4 doesn't have an exhaust crossover to heat the manifold so I assume those are why I wasn't able to get it to run quite right at cooler temps.

Mind you... it was a monster in the summer. WAY more HP than I'm used to. :smiliedrool: :lol:

Good luck! :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To '75 L48 Automatic... what I'd LIKE to do.

Quick Reply: '75 L48 Automatic... what I'd LIKE to do.