C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heater core question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Casey71
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater core question

I'm trying to replace the heater core in my 71 350 w/ air. I've got the box that contains the core ready to come out. My problem is the box seems to be connected to the core. I assumed the box had to be removed to get to the core to remove it. Is that what has to happen or does the box and the core come out together? I would appreciate any help. Thx Casey
Old 05-15-2004, 03:48 PM
sjr1971
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: heater core question (Casey71)

Casey....The core is bolted to the box. They have to be removed together. Little tricky 'cause the core water pipes need to be wrangled arround to get them thru the firewall.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Jims73SF
Intermediate

Default Re: heater core question (Casey71)

Casey,

The core is INEXPLICABLY clipped to the heater duct instead of the box on the engine side of the firewall. I'd sure like the address of the guy who thought that up so I could ........send him a Christmas Card. lol

I just finished my core replacement on a 73 w/o air and have a guide in .pdf format that I'd be happy to e-mail anyone who'd like it.

My post : C3 Heater Core Replacement (w/o air) 6:43 AM 5/15/2004

Jim
Old 05-16-2004, 10:54 PM
WAYWRONG
Pro

Default Re: heater core question (Jims73SF)

When you put the new in fit it first to make sure the lines will fit in the holes ,then remove it and be sure not to disturb the lines HAVE IT TESTED AND REINFORCED WHERE THE TUBE IS ATTACHED TO THE COOLER.T his is more work but well worth it . Just because its new does not make it right.
BEEN THERE DONE THAT BOUGHT THE T SHIRT

Get notified of new replies

To heater core question

Quick Reply: heater core question