C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Distribution block has a valve?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 10:27 PM
TJefferson2020
Race Director

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Distribution block has a valve?

Howdy!

OK you super studs here's one for the ol' noggin. I recently swapped my manual, single master cyl in my 64 vert for a later, dual power set up. My car originally had drums all the way around and I converted the front to disks. Trouble is, after about 5 brakes the front starts to lock up - the rear is fine. I talked to the vendor (excellent guy - Dean at Hot Rods USA) and he said I should toss the original distribution block and replace it with a simple "T" fitting - he says the stock block has some valving in it that is no longer needed due to the new MC having the valving built in - makes sense -

Is it true? Does it have valving? I thought it was just a "T".

thanks!

pm
Old 05-13-2004, 11:06 PM
LiveandLetDrive
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: Distribution block has a valve? (pjmonfre)

What's commonly called a proportioning valve in our cars is just a low pressure switch for the brake warning light. This might've changed at some point.. but it's true on my car at least. That switch does have a habit of failing though, and creates a blockage. Anyway, an adjustable valve is the best, if you're willing to test and tune until you have simultaneous lock up. For most applications, you're probably fine with lines straight to the brakes.

-Chris

Quick Reply: Distribution block has a valve?