C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you rebute an ebay feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 11:45 AM
MELVIN
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do you rebute an ebay feedback?

An ebay member won an item I was selling. He never sent payment. I sent 3 reminders, No answer.

My last email stated I would leave - feedback if no notice was sent to me regarding status of payment. No reply. So I left - feedback. Of course, when he saw the feedback, he said he mailed the payment, yet never got the item. So he got the last word. What do I do now to get my - feedback expunged (yeah, right...)?

It seems no matter what, if you leave - feedback, you could always be made to look like the bad guy
Old 05-12-2004, 11:51 AM
dsagers
Pro

Default Re: How do you rebute an ebay feedback? (MELVIN)

Start with square trade
http://www.squaretrade.com/cnt/jsp/o...paign=EBY_OD_8
Old 05-12-2004, 11:57 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Johnm when you don't receive payment, and there's no communication, let ebay handle that....don't leave any negative feedback...Ebay contacts the member, sends email, and when they are satisfied, they will credit you for the selling fees. In fact you should do that anyway.

ebay will remove the negative feedback.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:30 PM
multifast1
Advanced

Default Re: How do you rebute an ebay feedback? (GDaina)

I couldn't agree more with the suggestion to let eBay handle it if you aren't getting anywhere. Leaving negative feedback is such a double-edged sword.. Even if you're in the right, odds are the other person will leave negative feedback for you too.. *sigh*
Old 05-12-2004, 02:06 PM
lvrpool32
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

In my opinion you did the right thing with posting negative feedback.
Theres nothing you can do if he leaves "revenge" feedback for you, you can add a note to his feedback (not that they give you much room to explain with 80 characters) but use it.
I had the same thing happen to me 3 weeks ago, I had paid within hours for a part for my GTO...after 2 weeks I emailed the guy and asked on the where abouts of the part, they said they must have missed my order and would send me another one priority mail, two week smore, still nothing, so another email was sent and again, oh we're sorry we'll send it out tomorrow. Third email was for my money back and I posted feedback saying that had paid quickly, was strung along for 8 weeks and then asked for my money back, precise, accurate and to the point. Sure enuff I got a negative from this guy a day later saying that I was uncooperative and difficult to deal with.
I am lucky in that I have 180+ positive feedbacks already and this one negative which people will ignore.

Post the negative feedback, becuase you protect yourself and future buyers.

Nick

[Modified by lvrpool32, 1:09 PM 5/12/2004]
Old 05-12-2004, 04:54 PM
bamavettes
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is hard to get negative feedback removed.

Ebay is of No help. I tried to get a negative feedback removed and I took 30 minutes filling out the form and at the end they wanted to charge my credit card $20.00, and stated they could only remove feedback if the person who put it there agreed. It was just a scam.

I bought a clock and sent my money the following day. After 30 days I had not received my clock, and 3 emails not answered. I left him negative feedback and within 5 minutes he left me negative feedback.

I have my cancelled check. He got my money, and I did not get a clock. All I got was negative feedback. :mad :mad
Old 05-12-2004, 05:56 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Re: How do you rebute an ebay feedback? (bamavettes)

I am with Bamavettes...F O R G E T IT... it`s not worth the hassle
...redvetracr

PS: I have over 100 positives BUT my 1 negative is over .80 thats right .80 cents...
Old 05-12-2004, 07:05 PM
gsfgf
Pro

Default Re: How do you rebute an ebay feedback? (redvetracr)

don't worry about it. Eventually someone will come along and get the auction thing right.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:54 AM
MELVIN
Safety Car

Default Re: How do you rebute an ebay feedback? (gsfgf)

Thanks folks. I think the worse part is, is that when you do get a - feedback, it shows like a great big cancer right up front when you review someones history

Get notified of new replies

To How do you rebute an ebay feedback?

Quick Reply: How do you rebute an ebay feedback?