C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drivers side mirror problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Burgundy 69
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default drivers side mirror problems

Ever since I bought my car, I have had a problem with the mirror (drivers side) being wobbly. Although I have taken it off several times (once unintentionaly), I have never been able to mount it securely to the door where it did not bounce around.

Looking closely at the door, it is clear that at some point in the past someone had moved the mirror down a bit (poorly filled holes sticking up through new paint) and never got it firmly attached again.

I am curious if anyone else has run into this problem and if so, how did you resolve it. I am thinking that I may need to make a plate for the inside of the door skin to firm things up.

Mark
Old 05-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Boofers
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: drivers side mirror problems (Burgundy 69)

My drivers side mirror was wobly as well when I first got my car. I ended up wedging a piece of rubber hose inside the mount. Ya I know - bubba... but hey it was cheap, it worked great and its not visible so nobody knows... well, I guess you guys know :p:

[Modified by Boofers, 1:49 PM 5/12/2004]

Quick Reply: drivers side mirror problems