C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rectangular headlights, fit and finish terrible

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 10:08 PM
IRON WILL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rectangular headlights, fit and finish terrible

I just bought a set of rectangular headlight assemblys from Corvette Central. They actually get them from Vanacor. I have to say that I am very disappointed in the quality of this product. Nothing about them fits properly. All the holes that are drilled don't line up. The lights are mounted crooked. And the covers that hide the adjustment screws don't fit right because the lights aren't mounted straight. I wish I had looked into a different set up now. I hope no one else has run into this problem. I should have tried to find a set of the old round style fixed lights.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:16 AM
71coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Rectangular headlights, fit and finish terrible (IRON WILL)

What's wrong with the orig headlights? The vac setup can be a pain if it's not working right, but once it's dialed in they work great for years.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:11 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Rectangular headlights, fit and finish terrible (71coupe)

What's wrong with the orig headlights? The vac setup can be a pain if it's not working right, but once it's dialed in they work great for years.
:iagree: :iagree: Stock headlights look best on these cars IMHO. Smooth when closed. Send them back and put the stock ones back.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:02 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rectangular headlights, fit and finish terrible (markdtn)

:iagree: Send them back, they suck anyway with the quality
Old 05-11-2004, 06:19 PM
L79vette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a quality problem with CC once and they were very good about taking the stuff back.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:56 AM
IRON WILL
Instructor

Default Re: Rectangular headlights, fit and finish terrible (L79vette)

I did alot of sanding, and trimming last night. The covers fit pretty good right now. I had already painted them when I found the problem. When they come in the package the headlights are not in the headlight buckets, but the covers that go over the lights and cover the screws are on the buckets. To me it looked like everything was pre fit, and for what they cost they should have been. So it was partially my fault for not test fitting before I tried to install them. They say in the catalog that they come ready to install or to be painted. Thats the last time I believe that when I see it. Any how I think my problem is solved.

I had the pop up lights but I got tired of vacuum leaks and replacing actuators. I like the look of the car much more with the recessed lights. I know alot of you disagree with my decision, and I respect you opinions. I would have prefred to get the fixed round headlights, like on the old lemans cars and Greedwood race vettes. I could not find them and I figured because of the difficulty in finding them they would be rather expensive. Any how I hope to post a picture soon, the picture I have now is too old and needs to be updated.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

I would have prefred to get the fixed round headlights, like on the old lemans cars and Greedwood race vettes. I could not find them and I figured because of the difficulty in finding them they would be rather expensive.
Shame I didn't know. My mechanic has an unused set available. Or they are available new from:
http://www.guldstrand.com/
Oh well...

Get notified of new replies

To Rectangular headlights, fit and finish terrible

Quick Reply: Rectangular headlights, fit and finish terrible