C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help headlight gurus'

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Super Stock
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help headlight gurus'

Pass. side 1/4" too low when in open position. Adjusted 3 bolts on pivot bracket and brought it up flush. Now when closed it's about a 1/2" too high. Checked adjustment (center) stop. It wasn't even making contact due to back side of headlight bezel coming in contact w/ actuator bracket. Readjusted so it doesn't hit (using 3 bolt pivot bracket again ) and I am back to 1/4" too low when open . I haven't tried anything with upper side pivots yet. I did check the open stop (high on fender side ) and it wasn't making contact either. My little p-nut brain is out of ideas!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Pete76Shark
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Help headlight gurus' (Brent Brooking)

I just did this adjustment on my passenger side headlight 3 weeks ago. I wish I could remember the steps I followed to get it right but I am sorry I dont. I had to fix this problem cause if the thing does not go up enough you can't remove the bezel that is around the headlamps, and that's a pain.

From what I can remember I adjusted the door to open the same amount as the drivers side. Then when I got that where I wanted it I had to adjust for the door not closing all the way and that was the center adjusting screw I think. I operated the door by hand at first and then when it was close I fired her up and had to make a few final adjustments.

I hope this helps
Old 05-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Super Stock
Instructor

Default Re: Help headlight gurus' (Pete76Shark)

I will get back on it in the AM. THANKS.

Get notified of new replies

To Help headlight gurus'

Quick Reply: Help headlight gurus'